ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Are any icon editor & manager decent priced?

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Considering that HamRadio's review is the most comprehensive and useful review of icon editors ever to come into existence in this universe, I think lanux's advice is probably worth listening to  :P

It's too bad you missed the November discounts we had on all of the tools.. I don't suppose any of those discounts are still alive past their planned expiration date?

lanux128:
maybe we should expand 'Reviews and Features", to include "Best of..." text or button so that ppl can pick-up easily.. :)

CodeTRUCKER:
I've contacted two different companies ( not the icon ones) about expired s/w explaining that I was associated with DC and how I wanted to use the product and why I chose them over the competition. ... Try the links on DC first and see if they still work.  If not, just write and ask if they will still honor the offer.  Can't hurt

mouser:
I've contacted two different companies ( not the icon ones) about expired s/w explaining that I was associated with DC and how I wanted to use the product and why I chose them over the competition. ... Try the links on DC first and see if they still work.  If not, just write and ask if they will still honor the offer.  Can't hurt
--- End quote ---

This is really great advice and i can't emphasize enough how important it is.  Farmsteader's advice is spot on.  Tell them about the discount you missed out on, tell them you aren't swimming in money (definitely mention if you are a student), tell them you prefer their product after investigating the competition, and ask them if they would be willing to extend the discount to you.

Many people don't realize that companies are very very frequently willing to do this - it's almost rare for them not to.  It also will give you some insight into the nature of the company.  If you don't get a response from your inquiry, or you get a response from someone who says flat out we don't do that - then you have some additional info to the way the company works.  You might even get a friendly personal response from the author of a small program which increases your respect and appreciation for the company+author.

Curt:
Right now it is early morning in Denmark, and, boy, did you guys give me answer, while I was asleep!  I'll follow your advices, and report back. Thanks a lot! :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version