ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Are any icon editor & manager decent priced?

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
For some time I've been looking for an icon editor & manager. I've found many, but none that was both cheap and good. Of course I've found some very fine apps, but they were too expensive for me; $30 for an editor, and $40 - 60 for the combination, editor and manager.

But of course there must be at least one that I don't know of... ?
Do you know of any fine icon editor & manager, reasonable priced (or free)?  :tellme:

I am driving Win2K

:-*

Darwin:
I know next to nothing about icon managers and editors :( However, Bits du Jour is featuring aHa soft's ArtIcon and ArtIcon Pro on Tuesday the 23rd... aHa's products were reviewed favourably in the recent donationcoder review, but note the caveat about customer service response at the end of the review! If Bits du Jour lives up to its usual deals, you can expect 35%-90% off the price for the app (ArtIcon is $29.95 and the Pro version is $39.95). I have no idea if either tool will satisfy you need for a manager as well...

EDIT: just found this comparison table (courtesy of the review!) and note that icon management IS part of both ArtIcons and ArtIcons Pro, so there...

Darwin:
Also found LiquidIcon XP courtesy of Bear Bottoms Freeware...

EDIT: this is in the review too  :-[

mrainey:
Another one.  There's a pro version for $39.95 and a free lite version.  Claims to be an editor and manager.

http://www.awicons.com/index.html

lanux128:
HamRadio did a nice & well-covered Icon Tool Shootout review, you might want to check that out.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version