ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: to Shred a file already in Recycle Bin

<< < (2/3) > >>

Clive:
I too hope for a shredder that will shred individual files in the recycle bin.
Whilst we're on the topic of shredding - how about e-mails? None of the searches that I have done, for shredders, have ever turned up an e-mail shredder and surely there are sensitive e-mails that many people would want to shred as much if not more than their files.

mouser:
great idea - this sounds like something that should be built into email clients.

alxwz:
Not exactly on-topic, and although I know that there are some Mac-haters around  ;):

There was a nice utility for Mac OS <X that gave you an intermediate stop on the way to the recycle bin:
Trash Bag (http://www.magma.ca/~awolsp/).
It was a folder with the icon - surprise - of a trash bag that was essentially a regular folder, but with a "flush" function so  you could dump all the files to the recycle bin (trash).
That way you could put items you wanted to dispose some time in the future in there, and (unlike items in the trash) you could still work with them in the meantime.
I'd love to see that on Windows.

Mr.Fancypants:
I tried Eraser for a while.  For whatever reason, it was unstable on this computer.  It allowed me to shred from the right click menu.  But I had to uninstall it to restore stability.
I wrote the author, but got no reply.

Lanux128 pointed out something I never knew.  Any file in the Recycle Bin can be dragged to the Desktop for handling.  (Rather than Restoring to wherever place it may have been deleted from.)  That allows me to  drop that file in a separate Shredder.  It's stable. It's simple enough.  It works.  It will suffice for my purposes.

I hope our ideas here turn into something. 

f0dder:
Mr.Fancypants: if you've deleted something from another partition than where your windows install resides, then drag that deleted file to your desktop, then my warning also applies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version