ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Bug: Links run outside of their working directory

(1/3) > >>

rbeeger:
Hi!

I have an application which needs to be run inside its installation directory.
The link which is available in the start menu correctly sets the working directory.
When I start the link through Find & Run, this information seems to get lost.

Could it be that Find & Run starts the linked application and not the link itself? What happens if the link also specifys command line arguments?

mouser:
are you using the very latest (members-only) download of find&run robot?
i recall this was a problem fixed in the latest version..

F&R tries to be smart about this, running apps in their working directory, launching shortcuts when there are commandline arguments in them.

rbeeger:
1.05.19 is what I'm using here.
I installed it over 1.05.12 which I downloaded earlier today. Maybe something went wrong with the update.
Are there any caches kept that would need to be updated?

mouser:
nope - and installing over old version is fine, just make sure its the new version you're running by checking the title in the caption.

i will check code and see if i see anything - this is definitely something we want to make sure is handled properly.

so its a shortcut on start menu that it's launching, which is setting a working directory in the shortcut - is the working directory different from the application directory?

rbeeger:
No, the working directory is the same as the installation directory.
Don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm running a german  Windows XP here.
The target of the link is "f:\pc-bib\PC_BIB2.EXE" and the "execute in" is "f:\pc-bib\".
Don't know of any other application that doesn't work if it isn't started in its working directory. Normally applications get around this themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version