ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA Random walk over desktop image

(1/5) > >>

igors:
I'd like a background desktop that slowly randomly walks around a (large) image. Specificly I envision something like a MrSid image of a few thousand square kilometers of Sahara desert. The app would zoom in on a section and slowly randomly walk all over!

jgpaiva:
You mean like an animated background?
If if was made out of several images, that'd already exist. There are several programs that allow you to change your background in intervals of time.
But i think you mean having a large horizontal image and have that program scrolling throough it, right?

I know no app that would allow me to change the image position in the background of the screen by command line, but if anybody knows one, maybe i could automate it!

mouser:
i like the idea of not animated but a screensaver that could take a huge image like that recent super giga boston image, and every hour or so zoom in on a random part of it and set it as wallpaper.

jgpaiva:
Unfortunatelly, i think that's be yet another problem: finding a site with such images.

Perry Mowbray:
Has anyone done something like that with Google Maps? That would be interesting... I was looking at Google Sightseeing the otherday, which was pretty neat.

I have not played with Google Earth, but I was told that you could record 'animations' of movement through satelite images and replay and send them to others to play. Wouldn't it be neat to play them as your desktop image??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version