topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Spam Conceptual Map  (Read 5197 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Spam Conceptual Map
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:28 AM »
Ok, this guy's creative - I'll give him that. On the othe hand, he has waaaaaay to much free time!

It's long been known that spammers sell victims' addresses to each other. Keep that in mind as you look at the map... and remember that — despite their cries of "Permission Marketing Works!" — I have not given my email address to a single one of the companies that appear on the Spamdemic Map, nor have I given them permission to send me email... yet nearly all of them seem to have one or more of my addresses, and most are spamming me. Items in black on the map indicate entities that have spammed me or are involved in supporting the spammer; grey indicates companies that haven't spammed me, but may now have my address, due to their relationships with the spammers; green indicates ownership; dashed lines indicate tentative connections. First, take a gander at the Preview Image. Then brace yourself, and step into the Full-Size Version. (Don't forget your waders.) I'll soon have a more in-depth explanation of what's going on... I also hope to try to track the actual flow of each of the spammed addresses amongst the spamhausen. But right now, I need some sleep. Have fun... and don't say I didn't warn you! BTW— Due to popular demand, I've made the Spamdemic Map available as an EPS file for the sake of printing (see links above). The map measures about 62" x 41", with the smallest type at 8.8pt. If enough requests come in, I may consider selling prints, since few people are able to print at or even near that size. Have fun! ...

from www.stumbleupon.com
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Spam Conceptual Map
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Haha, christ - pretty cute.

I hope he has automated the link collection, referring, and image generation :)
- carpe noctem

Dee Dee

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Spam Conceptual Map
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 02:34 AM »
The map is from 2002  :huh: