ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

VirtualBox: VM software for home and enterprise use

(1/2) > >>

KenR:
New Open Source Virtual PC Tool

InnoTek VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). See "About VirtualBox" for an introduction; see "InnoTek" for more about our company.

Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows and Linux 32-bit hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD...

--- End quote ---

http://www.virtualbox.org/

from http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php?action=newlinks

f0dder:
Lots of virtualization software seems to be popping up (semi-) lately... wonder how good this is, might be worth checking out.

masu:
thanks for the hint

Crush:
Today VirtualBox has become an update to version 1.3.4!

nudone:
donationcoder generously donated vmware to me many moons ago but i uninstalled recently whilst messing around with my computer.

so, i thought i'd try out 'virtualbox' before putting vmware back on.

i've just put xp into, updated and tried out internet explorer 7. everything seems to work fine. it looks like it will do what vmware will do after you make the right changes - like with networking. currently, the sound isn't working - this did work with vmware straight away so at the moment vmware seems better for me.

but virtualbox is free and it looks like you can run vista inside it, not sure if you can with vmware at the moment. doesn't look like you can run any apple operating systems with it - unlike vmware.

i'll keep it on for a while and see what happens.

edit:
yeah, stupid me. i didn't enable the sound correctly, it works fine now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version