ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Can DimSaver become DimScreen?

<< < (4/7) > >>

hozozco:
Hi skwire

I didn't think that appeared to work.  If I put in 53% for example and then stop the programme (right-click Exit), when I re-start the programme it's at 50%.

Am I doing something wrong?

If I could change the brightness in increments of 1% 'on the fly' that would be awesome.

I must confess, I'm an ex-VB programmer (mostly 6.0, but some .NET when it was in Beta 1 and Beta 2) so I should tackle the project myself.  Life's a bit full-on since the daughter arrived and I don't seem to find much time.

If you make the mod for me I'd be very grateful (and donate too).  I must introduce this to the rest of the Achromat community.  There is probably a commercial product that does this, but as 'donationware' this is pretty neat.

Thanks

- hozozco

skwire:
Here you go:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/DimScreenMod.zip

Changes:

* Took out percentage tray menu.  Application is run strictly via hotkeys now.
* Changed code so dim setting runs from 0-99.
* Added tooltip showing current dim setting.
* Startup dim setting can be any value between 0-99.

joeche:
any chance this could be tweaked to turn the screen grayscale as well?

thanks

joe

nudone:
Is it possible to modify DimScreen so that it works on multi-monitor setups?

I'd find it extremely useful if i could dim my peripheral screens whilst i am not working on them, i.e. not typining or clicking. The idea would be that they "undim" when they receive mouse/keyboard input. so, a bit like a screensaver but only for my side monitors.

(hope you see this here skwire. i may make a fresh post for a snack request if not.)

skwire:
(hope you see this here skwire. i may make a fresh post for a snack request if not.)-nudone (April 16, 2010, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Let me see what I can do...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version