ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Can DimSaver become DimScreen?

<< < (3/7) > >>

lanux128:
found this nice write-up about DimScreen here. :Thmbsup:

• http://www.nirmaltv.com/2008/08/21/change-monitor-brightness-using-dimscreen-freeware/

chrome_slinky:
I was using this for a short time last year, but the AVG antivirus program was showing it as virus infected. I know it is not infected, but I haven't been able to convince AVG (at least enough to get the application to stop disallowing the use)

Can you do something? There was another small utility you wrote that came up the same way- can't remember, but it seems to be a trend.

Deozaan:
Anti-virus programs have a habit of marking Auto Hot Key (AHK) scripts as viruses. We've also been trying to think of how to get them to stop it for a long time.

See this thread for more info: It's time to do something about these AutoHotkey antivirus false positives.

hozozco:
Hi

My daughter has Achromatopsia.  It's a a rare recessive genetic condition (1 in 33,000) that renders her legally blind and with extreme light sensitivity.

My daughter is only 21 months, so she's a little young to start using a PC.  She's fascinated by the keyboard but found my 19" CRT far too bright.

I installed your program today and she could read all the letters and numbers.  I had notepad cranked up to 160 font-size and the darkness to 90%.

Is it possible to get a version that goes darker?  Believe it or not 90% is still very bright for my daughter.

Thank you for this wonderful programme.

-hozozco

skwire:
You can set the startup value under the application's options to whatever value you would like i.e. it doesn't have to be a multiple of ten.  So, with a bit of trial and error, you should be able to find which value between 91 and 99 your daughter can work with.  If this isn't workable, I can see about modifying the code for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version