ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Grayscaled area of desktop

(1/2) > >>

mateek:
I have a program that is resident on my desktop, and a section defies the transparency settings the program provides.  I've set the font to a nice subliminal gray, but the icon, albeit small, is still distracting.  I imagine programming a section of the desktop to show in grayscale and then hidden when an active window opens.   An easier way might be to just create a slight increase in transparency in the set area.  The icon is 16X16 and might not even be noticed when the active window opens over it.  Would this be a worthwhile project for the programmers there?  Would I be the only beneficiary?  The program tells me my todo lists, etc., but could be useful for system monitors I've seen on some desktops, or a weather program with a stupid smiling sun, or something like that.

skrommel:
 :) Have you tried ResHacker at http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker? Using this tool you should be able to change the icon.

Skrommel

mateek:
Thanks skrommel, but Reshacker didn't work on this one.  It's an icon attached to Outlook, and I found security built in, probably because they deal with emails, which I don't use it for.  I've got basically every icon in my startmenu switched with Reshacker, so I'm very familiar with it. 

jgpaiva:
I'm not sure if it could solve it, but why don't you just hide the icon?
(i don't think i fully understand your problem)

mateek:
It's like in an active desktop widget.  The little 16X16 picture isn't on the front desktop, it's on the background.  Sorry for the ambiguity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version