ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

a 3D game that is only 97kb!

<< < (5/7) > >>

f0dder:
Thing is, you can't do everything procedurally. You can do cool stuff that way, but not everything, and with the amount of textures in a modern game... you would need long load times, or large disk caches. Iirc, the farb-rausch demos used to take ~30-60 seconds of pre-computation before loading on contemporary hardware.

lanux128:
Very impressive. I'm hoping to see more of this procedural stuff in commercial games so we don't keep having to get bigger harddrives ;)
-Gothi[c] (March 20, 2008, 12:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, the requirements are getting insane by the game, not only for hard-drive space but memory too.. has anyone seen the minimum requirement for the PC version of Assassin's Creed? it's listed as requiring 3GB of RAM! :o

f0dder:
lanux: games are developed with console specs in mind, nowadays... and those specs aren't always adjusted to PC hardware before published.

A modern games has pretty insane texture and model requirements, which (on PCs) require a lot of GPU memory, but on consoles are generally shared memory.

psionics:
[c] link=topic=7014.msg106322#msg106322 date=1205989458]
Very impressive. I'm hoping to see more of this procedural stuff in commercial games so we do
-lanux128 (March 20, 2008, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Very impressive. I'm hoping to see more of this procedural stuff in commercial games so we don't keep having to get bigger harddrives ;)
-Gothi[c] (March 20, 2008, 12:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, the requirements are getting insane by the game, not only for hard-drive space but memory too.. has anyone seen the minimum requirement for the PC version of Assassin's Creed? it's listed as requiring 3GB of RAM! :o
-lanux128 (March 20, 2008, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had installed the warez version of it(asassin's creed that crashes in jerusalem) with a 2gb RAM and HD2600 XT 512mb DDR3 and it has no lag. DX9 and DX10 version has no graphical difference accept that it has a faster loading time in DX10  :Thmbsup:

Its a good game. but whenever someone in the world make a bootable PC OS Game Console, that would probably insane  :)

f0dder:
"Bootable game OS" for PCs wouldn't make sense, really... console's strength lies in uniform hardware and very capable CPU/GPUs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version