ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

a 3D game that is only 97kb!

<< < (6/7) > >>

Lashiec:
The first published system requirements of Assassin's Creed were so insane, and there was so much bashing on the Internet, that it's only natural they tried to best them. 3 gigs? WTF, not even other open world games requires that (Crysis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., etc.)

Its a good game. but whenever someone in the world make a bootable PC OS Game Console, that would probably insane  :)
-psionics (March 20, 2008, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, Acer is thinking in something along the lines.

Going back to the topic at hand, I finally played it a few days ago (after weeks of sitting in my HDD), and while it's a nice demo, I had to restart the game 4 times due to bugs, I kept getting trapped in the most weird places.

lanux128:
Lashiec, where'd you get the demo and what is your systems like?

tinjaw:
"Bootable game OS" for PCs wouldn't make sense, really... console's strength lies in uniform hardware and very capable CPU/GPUs.
-f0dder (March 20, 2008, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed. However, there is one case where it would make sense. When you don't need all the fancy accelerated stuff. For example children's games. I can see an excellent case for having a bootable DVD, linux kernel, wine, and tons of games for kids. You could have one option to load the whole OS into RAM so you can eject that DVD and insert a game CD/DVD. A second option would take advantage of an attached secondary optical drive for the game. Make it open source and unleash it on the edutainment industry.

Lashiec:
Lashiec, where'd you get the demo and what is your systems like?
-lanux128 (March 20, 2008, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're referring to .kkrieger, well, you know where to get it ;). If you talk about Assassin's Creed, AFAIK Ubi Soft didn't release any demo for the PC for now.

lanux128:
Lashiec, my thoughts were on Assassin's Creed and yes UbiSoft hasn't released any demos and even the retail release date is being pushed to April.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version