topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Giveaway of the Day - True Launch Bar for free - today only 23 hours 45mins left  (Read 4522 times)

patteo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Giveaway of the Day - True Launch Bar

True Launch BarTrue Launch Bar is an ultimate experience of a manageable file system. It gets the best of MS Windows OS and streamlines it for greater comfort of use. Its unique system of switching toolbars and expandable menus gives instant access to files, applications, and settings from the taskbar. In addition, overlay images and skins give system polish and slick looks."
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Or you can take your time and still get 50% off at URL below until Jan 1st 2008

TrueLaunchBar - 50% Discount"
https://www.donation...index.php?topic=4241

That is called Freedom of choice.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:30 AM by patteo »

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've no opinion on GiveawayOfTheDay, but just wanted to say that True Launch Bar is an awesome piece of software. Along with File-Ex, it's become a core part of my system, to the point that a Windows installation feels bare and awkward without it. It's way more convenient than the Start menu, can be used easily via the keyboard, and has never caused me any problems, as some shell enhancements can. Check out the site for the various plugins (free once you have a licensed TLB). It's updated fairly often and can be customized to no end.

I'm only missing one feature, a more capable implementation of "virtual folders". Currently you can create virtual folders which become menus displaying the content of a physical folder, optionally with a filter. An improvement would be to virtualize the concept entirely, so that a virtual folder in TLB could be a collection of links to arbitrary filesystem objects anywhere on the machine. Even then, TLB is really fantastic, especially the keyboard navigation (you can assign hotkeys that open menus), and how it can pop up on moseover (no need to click).