Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 30, 2014, 12:48:16 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cinematic Abbreviation Trivia... just for fun :D  (Read 2457 times)
CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 12, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

Anyone have any movie trivia that is particularly interesting... just for fun?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:29:06 PM by CodeTRUCKER » Logged

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »

CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »

Permanent = well, you know what it means...
Latrine = a military word for the "privy" or camode...
Orderly = a low-ranking enlisted person, usually involved with the menial tasks.

PLO or Permanent Latrine Orderly was a fictitious job that was created by a not-so-scrupulous sergeant in "No Time For Sergeants" to keep a particular private from causing trouble, get the potty cleaned up and get a decent nights sleep.  The movie is kind of zany, but it's fun.

Ok, what's the next question?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:25:41 PM by CodeTRUCKER » Logged

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 05:54:09 AM »

Ok, what's the next question?
Sure!
What does "TIE" mean?

(no, it being that thing that business men strap around the neck would be to easy tongue)

PS: you don't really have to guess what the abbreviature means, only guess where it's from and where is that used Wink

CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 06:17:29 PM »

undecided
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:27:59 PM by CodeTRUCKER » Logged

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 04:48:35 AM »

I imagined it would be too vague. (but a true fan of this hexology *hint* *hint* should know  Wink )
I can also tell you that it's theme is futuristic even though it is said to have happened "a long, long time ago".
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 04:59:50 AM by jgpaiva » Logged

nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 05:05:22 AM »

i must say i thought you meant TIE fighter but i cannot remember what TIE stands for.
CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 05:27:32 AM »

I'll have to defer on this one.  smiley
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:26:50 PM by CodeTRUCKER » Logged

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 06:01:39 AM »

i must say i thought you meant TIE fighter but i cannot remember what TIE stands for.
Right! I was referring to the TIE fighter smiley
The meaning of TIE is too hard, that's why i said you'd only have to guess where it was used. Here's some description:

BTW... For the lovers of star wars, the StarWars Databank is a complete must. It contains ALL the information you could ever want about star wars.

PS: oh, and nudone: what's the next question? Wink

nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 06:38:43 AM »

er, well, i can't think of a single abbreviation that i remember from a film. TIE is a good one as i know it stuck in my mind for a short period of time when i first read the definition somewhere.

the only thing i can think of as i look through my dvd collection is this:

what does the word 'HAL' represent in 'HAL 900'. i know there aren't any philistines around here so you'll know and love the film (and novel).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.18 ]