topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PlateWire - The Voice of the Road  (Read 3361 times)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PlateWire - The Voice of the Road
« on: January 12, 2007, 01:33 PM »
This is the greatest idea I've seen since... well...

"PlateWire is a public repository and electronic forum of drivers by drivers. Using a drivers license plate, commuters can communicate their thoughts and feelings in regards to driving on today's roadways."

About PlateWire

PlateWire was started by a commuter who endured a grueling HOV carpool from Fairfax to Arlington 5 days a week. For those unfamiliar with 66, it is more like a parking lot during rush hour traffic. After coming close to being involved in 5 separate collisions on one fateful ride home from work, I had an idea. With very little capital to get started, I began the task, to make people more accountable for their actions on the roadways in one forum or another. It has become an all too common fact that the only time people straighten up and drive safe is when there is a police car near by; a prime example of a society driven by fear. Adopting that same mentality, PlateWire intends to grow large enough to become a real deterrent to unsafe driving habits. My goal is to bring awareness to bad drivers so they become aware of the dangers associated with the aggressive driving they have become accustomed to. So join in, vent your rage, and let us all do our part to make the roads safer.

platewire.jpgPlateWire - The Voice of the Road

from Admit-One.net

f0dder

• Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: PlateWire - The Voice of the Road
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 04:25 PM »
Hmm, time to re-introduce public flogging as well? :-*
- carpe noctem

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PlateWire - The Voice of the Road
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Now yer talkin' !!

Hey maw, whar's my idiot-whuppin' two-by-four? That no-good son of ours got writ up on PlateWire dot com DRIVIN' MY TRUCK!!

(j/k folks ;) )