ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Best Archive Manager Review: Suggestions

<< < (5/12) > >>

yacht_boy:
I have pretty simple needs, mostly unzipping stuf that I've downloaded.  I tried a few of the ones on your list before settling on winrar as the easiest to use and with the best interface.  Best free application for me has been tugzip, which I use at work.

zridling:
Thanks for the input, yacht_boy, I appreciate it.

mouser:
i don't know if others are the same as me, but personally i dont like these archive interfaces that are like full file explorers with folder tree, etc.  i rather use my own file explorer, and have my archive program open in a small window just showing contents.

zridling:
mouser, is that because of the poor Explorer-like implementation in many archive programs or just from being old school? It seems less confusing for me at least, to work without an Explorer view in an archiver; less visual noise I think.

mouser:
yeah, exactly.

the thing is im one of those people who always has a file explorer window or two open, and i can do 95% of all zipping and unzipping from within directory opus or whatever file browser im using.  i dont need my zip program to also try to be a full explorer, i rather it just show me the contents of the archive and not distract me with other stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version