Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 12:38:15 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hangman - A Game by Ruffnekk from VB.net Assignment 1.10  (Read 16105 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 09, 2007, 02:55:36 PM »

Wow, check out how cool this Hangman program looks:

Sounds great too.  Congratulations to Ruffnekk for completing a full stage of challenges in the Programming School.

Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:33 AM »

Wow, check out how cool this Hangman program looks:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Sounds great too.  Congratulations to Ruffnekk for completing a full stage of challenges in the Programming School.

It looks like photoshop to me
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

We don't get to download it and play it? Sad

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 01:55:32 PM »

Ask Ruffnekk!
Ruffnekk
Honorary Member

Uhm yeah...

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 02:18:01 AM »

Unfortunately I don't have the source code to this anymore... And no, it's not photoshopped.. why would you think that?  tongue

Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:36:56 AM »

Unfortunately I don't have the source code to this anymore... And no, it's not photoshopped.. why would you think that?  tongue
Because all the buttons look pretty much like generated in Photoshop bevel and embos default settings...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 09:40:20 AM »

i agree it looks "photoshopped" but i can assure you as someone who played it, that it was real.
let me see if i can maybe find a copy that i downloaded and post it if so.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »

Well that was easier than i thought -- Ruffnekk had attached it to his assignment submission. Including the source code!
Before posting it I'll message Ruffnekk and see what he wants to do.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »

that is cool! so we might have a chance to play the game after all.. thumbs up

Ruffnekk
Honorary Member

Uhm yeah...

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 02:05:33 AM »

that is cool! so we might have a chance to play the game after all.. thumbs up

Here is the original file as I posted it in the programming school smiley Have fun!

Regards,
Ruffnekk

* Hangman.zip (491.16 KB - downloaded 362 times.)

Regards,
RuffNekk

Ruffnekk
Honorary Member

Uhm yeah...

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 02:39:03 AM »

I should note that you have to have a text file with some words in it -- each word on a separate line. You can load this file in the game and it will use these words, keeping track of the words used before.

Also, you can change the "font" by editing Matrices.txt. Each character is a 5x5 matrix with an "X" indicating a filled point and a "_" (underscore) indicating an empty point.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:42:48 AM by Ruffnekk » Logged

Regards,
RuffNekk

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 04:26:43 AM »

A thing that kinda sucks, though, is that you can't drag the window around - having it forced to be centered is a bit annoying. It does look pretty nice, though smiley

- carpe noctem
Ruffnekk
Honorary Member

Uhm yeah...

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 04:47:18 AM »

A thing that kinda sucks, though, is that you can't drag the window around - having it forced to be centered is a bit annoying. It does look pretty nice, though smiley

Yeah I know.. I was just playing it just now and it annoyed me too! *lol* Back then I think I primarily focused on the 'dot-matrix' GUI then anything else Wink

Regards,
RuffNekk

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 11:04:08 PM »

where's a good place to get some word lists? including some default ones would be nice. smiley

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 11:16:16 PM »

i wonder if it could team up with this:
http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=19514.0
Ruffnekk
Honorary Member

Uhm yeah...

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 01:07:48 AM »

where's a good place to get some word lists? including some default ones would be nice. smiley

Basically, if you download any book from places like the Gutenberg Project, and you load that into the game, you will have more than plenty of words to play with. The game will filter out any duplicates.

I never intended this to be made public, otherwise I would have paid some more attention to details like this Wink

Regards,
RuffNekk

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 01:13:50 AM »

ok, i'll load some text files and try and thanks for making this game available. thumbs up

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.1 ]