topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Flash Element TD: Another Tower Defense Flash Game  (Read 15099 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Flash Element TD: Another Tower Defense Flash Game
« on: January 09, 2007, 12:26 PM »
If memeory serves, this well-done tower defense game is the third of its kind to add to our collection.

A Macromedia Flash based Tower Defence game inspired by Elemental TD for Warcraft III. All programming has been done, from scratch, by me (David Scott) Graphics and sound effects have been made using the level editor that comes with WarcraftIII and Adobe Photoshop. A thanks to Bluey, Sencerd and Yo-Sushi for their help testing and a big thanks to Grrr for balancing the towers.

The aim of the game is to kill the creeps before they reach the end of the maze, do this by building attacking towers on the grass around the maze.

To build a tower click on it on the right hand side then click on the map where you want it to be built. Once built you can clock on towers to upgrade or sell them.

To get a high score keep as much of your gold in the bank as possible, at the end of each round you earn interest on the gold in the bank. Remember score = towers + upgrades + gold, selling towers will lower your score as you only get 75% of your money back...

from www.downloadsquad.com
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Ruffnekk

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Uhm yeah...
    • View Profile
    • RuffNekk's Crypto Pages
    • Donate to Member
Re: Flash Element TD: Another Tower Defense Flash Game
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Look very slick KenR, I'm gonna check it out right away  :Thmbsup:

These tower defense type of games are really addicting!
Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:19 PM »
Deozaan is leading a small team to work on a tower defense type game for a new flash contest that ends on feb9th:

https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=6887.0

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Mmh, this one is pretty nice - too bad my mum's laptop overheated and did the auto-shutdown dance >_<

Christ the game is hard... I made it to bonus level 1, with a score of 1,802. The worst score on the board is 13,081, and the best is 46,727 - do they cheat, or are they just a lot better than me? :O
- carpe noctem
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 01:38 PM by f0dder »

RedMatrix

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 11:38 AM »
Actually, It's pretty easy to get through the first 30 levels.  I still can't seem to pass bonus level 5, however, I'm really close to doing so.

Hi, My name is david.  I found this game 24 hours ago, and is very addicting!  I find that the best strategy is not to use the useless arrow towers (brown OR blue) and just use the Fire research.  All other wood should be used for Gold Increases.

I have recorded my lastest attempt to break bonus #5 on youtube:
http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=C6vjaUVp7AU

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Yeah, I played some more and found out that fire is good. I tend to need a single air tower to get through, but sell it as soon as I can get fire. Cannon towers can also be sold once you have enough cash for fire. I've made it farthest by also using some water in the last few levels, but perhaps more fire (and correctly upgraded) would be better.

Friend of mine actually completed the game, insane bugger! :| - he didn't reach nearly the highscore of other people, so I wonder if there's some special trix, or if the other highscores have been obtained by cheating.
- carpe noctem