Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 24, 2014, 05:18:49 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NetLimiter alternative?  (Read 6051 times)
Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 09, 2007, 11:00:11 AM »

Hi,

Anyone knows a good NetLimiter alternative?
Because I don't like how NL manages my program access to internet, and it's very crashable.

PS: NetLimiter limits the access to the internet of the programs you use, so you can limit the download/upload of specific applications to avoid extreme usage of bandwidth in that apps that doesn't have a limit or something in the options.

Thanks

zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 12:18:29 AM »

Dr. Leech, I haven't had the same problems (yet) with NetLimiter, but here a page of suggestions to start with:

http://www.programurl.com/software/bandwidth.htm

A lot of this software is related to FTP transfers, but I have not found any freeware in this category. You might also test something like File Catalyst.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:23:51 AM by zridling » Logged

- zaine (on Google+)
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »

Check out cfosSpeed - doesn't just do speed limiting but some "quality of service" like packet reordering too.

- carpe noctem
Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 09:31:50 AM »

Thanks guys..

I'm now trying the demo of Softperfect Bandwidth Manager. I'll review it after try and if I buy it.

superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 09:52:50 AM »

Another one (I think someone from DC mentioned it to me last year) is NetPeeker.  It has some firewall-like features, but it also does what Netlimiter does.
http://www.net-peeker.com/

Personally, I've tried some of these programs, and I like Netlimiter.  I think you're right about the crashing bit, I remember it being just a tad unstable sometimes.  But it's interface was the easiest and most efficient for just bandwidth limiting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.09 ]