ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How do you spend your time on the computer?

<< < (4/11) > >>

vegas:
My time spent on computer:

* Programming
* Spending far too much time reading political blogs and watching c-span.
* Working on DC website-mouser (January 10, 2007, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

oh ok, you don't play games! shuuuuure ya don't.  :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
... doing excel charts of our power consumption and calculating how much we'll have to pay for it.-f0dder (January 09, 2007, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks f0dder - first good laugh in a couple of day   ;D  ;D
(reminds me of me doing Excel charts of all my shortcuts ... :) )
-tomos (January 09, 2007, 03:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
It sounds a bit silly, but it actually IS useful :) - I live in cold&dark old scandinavia, so it was pretty relevant to figure out how much more power we use in the winter compared to the summer. Fortunately (and a bit surprising), it's been pretty linear over the whole year :eusa_dance:

I collect stuff as well, and lots of it. I think my downloads folder is 4-8 gigs (or more? not at home right now). And there isn't any pr0n, MP3s (except for a few odd random ones - but no pirated full albums or the like), gamez or similar in there. At least I only collect virtual stuff, you should see the amount of physical junk my mother collects :)

app103:
It's obsessive, as if I'm thinking, "Well someday when I'm in a nursing home, I'll have something to do and lots of stuff to review and finally get around to reading."
-zridling (January 09, 2007, 11:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tend to be that way about downloads. I have a downloads directory that I've tried to organize everything I've downloaded and don't often delete anything from it. As if the programs I save won't be outdated in a couple of months. . . I was even saving each version of Firefox (back to when it was still called Firebird).

Silly me.
-Deozaan (January 09, 2007, 11:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's not actually silly. I am the same way. And when I was stuck using an older pc that couldn't run the latest & greatest software, I was glad I had all those older versions to play around with.

I collect stuff as well, and lots of it. I think my downloads folder is 4-8 gigs (or more? not at home right now). And there isn't any pr0n, MP3s (except for a few odd random ones - but no pirated full albums or the like), gamez or similar in there. At least I only collect virtual stuff, you should see the amount of physical junk my mother collects :)
-f0dder (January 11, 2007, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

You guys actually have a downloads folder? I have download drives, each for a specific type of thing.

And I am not just a digital packrat, I am the kind that does it with physical junk too. And I am convinced that it's genetic, since I can't think of one member of my family that isn't a packrat...and I am talking about going back a few generations too.

As far as what I do with my pc, it's well documented in the biography section of my profile.

f0dder:
You guys actually have a downloads folder? I have download drives, each for a specific type of thing.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, mounted at s:\downloads until I have the new partitioning layout all sorted, used to be e:\downloads. That's just all sorts of misc stuff - if I download something large (linux iso, the entire series of "welcome to the scene", whatever) it typically goes somewhere else. Specific partitions for downloading sounds like a bit of drive space waste... I do try to keep some sensible tree structure in that folder, though. Anyway:

--- ---S:\>dir /s download
     Total Files Listed:
           13849 File(s) 12.199.440.250 bytes
            5111 Dir(s)  23.790.870.528 bytes free

eek. Needs sorting and deletion and that kind of stuff.

dwbrant:
When I'm not at work, I am busy processing photographs using Adobe Lightroom ( http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/ ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version