ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > SMF Forum Mods

Concerning posts subscription mod

<< < (3/4) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Genius has often and historically been the result of creativity touched with "insanity."

tinjaw:
His whole concept is flawed. Threads exist in different forums for a very good reason. Communities. I don't want to be a part of some uber-mega-forum that includes everybody. There are thousands upon thousands of disparate forums on the Internet and just as many reasons why they are separate forums.

CodeTRUCKER:
That's only one side of this coin. 

app103:
From what I can see, Gri is an often misunderstood guy.

Almost anywhere he posts, there are those that think what he has to say is nonsense and they delete his posts...posts that Gri feels contains valuable information.

So Gri now makes his posts where he feels they are safe...his own forum. They won't be deleted there. Then he links to his posts in a rather unusual way on other forums.

If these posts on other forums linking to his on his own forum are deleted by forum admins, the original information from the post on his forum is still safe.

I have seen posts by Gri on other forums related to the true meaning of the term "free speech".

What Gri posts is often a bit confusing, but not always. This is partly due to the fact that he has a little trouble with English. (it's not his native language) It is also due to people having a lack of patience, and also because they are unwilling to really try to understand what he's trying to say.

If you take the time to understand, you might see it's not all nonsense and it actually makes sense...a lot of sense sometimes. Some of it is even genius, in my opinion.

Don't bash the guy for thinking outside the box. Where would we be today if nobody dared to think differently? Most of the technology we enjoy and depend on today, came from people that thought outside the box...people like Gri.  :)

btw...it is my understanding that he wasn't really banned from the smf forum. He 'bans' himself, as a public display of disapproval of intolerant people, if I understand it correctly.

Wordzilla:
app103:

You have a good point there.

However what if someday you, or more broadly, other folks here, would have to see such posts on DonationCoder forum all over?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version