ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > SMF Forum Mods

Concerning posts subscription mod

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
In all seriousness, i decided to study a bit about gri's world, and you might be surprised to know that there is some logic too it.  In fact I suspected there was some method to the madness for quite some time - and i had one of those rare moments of happiness that one gets when one is willing to take a walk through alice's looking glass where few are willing to venture, only to discover there are some new laws and theories to enjoy.

CodeTRUCKER:
I'm intrigued as well and just like you, I can't put my finger on it, but there really is something out there... :-\

mouser:
You can learn more about gri's weird world of grivitiniks, grivitoutiks, windings here:
http://gri.megasmf.com/vitation/index.php?topic=69.msg93

I don't pretend to understand it all. I view it like traveling to another planet and trying to learn the language.

However I will report a couple of tidbits i have learned.

Here is the basic theory of grivitiniks, grivitoutiks which you see in gri's posts.
I think the basic motivation comes from communications involving MULTIPLE forums.

Gri talks about the problem that occurs when a user makes a post on one forum thread, linking to a post on another thread (if you dig deeper into his forum there are much more complex reasons why this happens a lot there).

Ok so say gri makes a post here above on this thread, pointing to a post in his forum.

He uses this symbol (grivitoutik):
<<
to indiccate that to discuss this issue more, you should do it on the LINKED site (forum), not in the current thread.

If he were posting a link and wanting us to discuss it here, he would use a (grivitinik) >>.

That's just a flavor of what's going on.

>Windings< are about having people subscribe to both threads on both forums so it doesn't matter any more where you post.  But i'm not sure completely how they work.  There are more complicated rules to on the grivitation forum but i don' understand them all yet.

From reading a bit on grivitation i feel almost like it was created after some cosmological signularity event involving gri getting banned from smf..  my working theory is that that event caused an entire new system of grivitation to be created.

The following thread MIGHT be a clue as to the origins but i am not sure.
{
>> http://gri.megasmf.com/vitation/index.php?topic=88.0
}

If you would like to apply for a grant to study grivitation, please contact me.

CodeTRUCKER:
The concept of forums + the Internet = Grivitation?

mouser:
Yes i think that's part of it.  Just keep in mind i'm not promising that gri is not insane.  There are a whole bunch of strange things going on at grivitations.  But i am saying there are interesting things to discover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version