ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Cody's (Internet Citizens) Club Begins!

<< < (8/9) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I think the real power behind this type of thing is in the ingenuity and imagination of the DC community. I get amazed at how many different and creative ways we all get to the answer... and I think that's what I'd like to be able to browse through. It's a wonderful way to spread ideas, so not just that we've completed a task, but how (or where or what) we've completed it. As a compiled list, I think the benefit would be much greater than the sum of the parts.

So for that reason, I think it'd be best if the "results" of each task can be viewed together with how they're fullfilled by each member... but also, it'd be nice to have a member view so that you could view how a member has worked through their tasks. It's another interesting view into who we are. Maybe that's where the results are edited (in your Member profile)?

Question: we're doing this now, but down the line a wee bit new members will want to join and run through the tasks. They'd want to be able to be added to the list and complete the tasks running up to the present tasks. So their names get added to the bottom of each task. Is that how you see it??

I'm guessing that the badge could link to a member page with their listing of tasks? And just like the "Donate to Author" link, you could have a "Net Citizen" link to that page that you could display on your web page??

dhuser:
A checklist would be a very good idea...
An Idea- after a certin number of newsletters/time, if a user has completed every task, he/she will receive 1-2 Donation Credits.

Just an idea...
dhuser

mouser:
i passed the idea by cody but he says he's not giving up his coins unless we pry them from his cold dead beak.

however he did say he might be willing to send some fun postcards and maybe give away a mug or tshirt or other present occasionally.   ;D

mouser:
Cody has informed me he has some gifts to send to his Cody Club members who have completed all tasks.. but before i can send them i need a helper script.

Any php coders want to write a fun little helper script for cody club?
Contact me at [email protected] if so.

The idea of the script is to list all forum members who have completed all tasks, and let users mark checkboxes for each task they have completed.

I can handle all the integration with forum to retrieve users name, so the script should:
1) be called with a person's user id #
2) read a text file and show an entry for each line in the file.
3) show a list of all users who have complete all tasks
4) present a form to the user with checkboxes for each task (line in file), which has each item they have already completed with a check in it.
5) let them modify the form and re-submit.
6) should use a mysql database to store data.
7) should be compatible with php4.

bonus 1 - write a function that automatically will return the % of tasks that a given user # has completed.  this will be used to show badges for cody club in member profiles.

Deozaan:
i passed the idea by cody but he says he's not giving up his coins unless we pry them from his cold dead beak.
-mouser (April 25, 2007, 02:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can make a Flash game in which that will be very possible. . .  >:D >:D

:hanged: :rip: :two: :two: :two:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version