ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to remove shortcuts in IE & Explorer toolbars?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Curt:
How does one remove such a thing (a no-thing..) as a dead / blank shortcut from the toolbars in IE & Explorer??
-Curt (January 07, 2007, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
- by installing ViewFolderSize Bar.

Problem solved  :) but I've no idea as to WHY   :-[

Curt:
The bad side of Conduit is represented -dk70 (February 10, 2007, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Forgive me if I am taking too lightly on your warnings, please. The case is, I have never used the Radio_Denmark toolbar for anything but playing music - and that is music from pre-defined stations, Danmarks Radio. Why they bother to insert a search box, I don't know; I never have used it, and never will.

dk70:
Search box = sharing ads revenue with Google (and before that Ask.com) - why it cant be disabled :) When you search results dont pop up on a regular Google page but a fixed one.

Dont understand how entry got removed either. Long time ago Ive had similar ghost entrie problem and solution was to reinstall then uninstall - or hunt down keys in registry, may be use a toolbar inspector type of program. Same applies to normal program not uninstalling correctly I guess. Well it is gone.

I meant you could make a DC toolbar. None available I assume. Fire up the generator and publish. May be some can make use of the more advanced html features, I think you can even insert some scripting. Perhaps best if Mouser was author if there really have to be some sponsored revenue making ;) We cant have Curt getting rich on exploiting DC right? See the problem when money gets involved? Tempting? Sure is for some people. Author of the most popular toolbar, 10000s if not 100000s of installations, have shown what appears to be big fat monthly checks from Google and others - he makes a fortune. Personal effort is minimal. Find catchy theme/subject/topic and off you go hunting users - check their promotion help on how-to. Anyone can do it. Part of what created the invisible anti-Conduit movement and Im sure one of the reasons they were pulled off Mozilla site.

There is mile long thread at Mozillazine forums about this should you be interested or very bored. May be you get confused about what I mean since I also post in that. But I got provoked by tossers who claim Conduit is clearly spyware by any definition, have paid off Mozilla Adms to get top spots at Add-on site and much more. There is a weirdo consensus one has to deal with at Mozillazine, like the idea Firefox users are pure angels which must be saved from evil by a select few enlightened heroes... meanwhile Google is making Mozilla rich through exact same scheme namely getting a cut from searching! I like the toolbars, cool to play, with some creativity useful. Have doubts about how much overhead they add to browser, memory - cpu usage - stability. Ive had mixed experiences. Probably depends on content as well as toolbar itself.

They have nothing to do at Add-on site because they are not extensions. "Author" has no or only little relationship to installed code, can not offer suppport, is not responsible for privacy policy etc. A big mess but all comes down to where code comes from I think. So good move they got kicked out. Conduit already have a gallery of toolbars and every one gets own unique url/homepage for promotion purposes. Mozilla Add-on site just another display.

Curt:
They have nothing to do at Add-on site because they are not extensions. "Author" has no or only little relationship to installed code, can not offer suppport, is not responsible for privacy policy etc. A big mess but all comes down to where code comes from I think. So good move they got kicked out. Conduit already have a gallery of toolbars and every one gets own unique url/homepage for promotion purposes. Mozilla Add-on site just another display.
-dk70 (February 10, 2007, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

If they got kicked out of Mozilla Add-ons I'll expect the toolbar will soon be outdated, so I'll have to remove it anyway. I sure will think twice before having any  contact with Conduit again.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer me  :up:

Curt:
If they got kicked out of Mozilla Add-ons I'll expect the toolbar will soon be outdated, so I'll have to remove it anyway. -Curt (February 10, 2007, 03:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
That didn't make too much sense, did it. The case is that I have the Radio_Denmark toolbar in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Explorer, and for a minute confused which one I was talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version