topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: C# Microcontroller  (Read 5160 times)

chedabob

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • C# Master (if only!!!)
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
C# Microcontroller
« on: January 07, 2007, 10:02 AM »
I know this seems like a daft question, but does there exist a microcontroller that will interpret c#? I know one exists for Java (Sunspot) but Java seems a little different to C#. The reason I ask is because I absolutely hate ASM with a passion.

Thanks

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: C# Microcontroller
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Hm, I'm not fond of neither Java nor C# for microcontrollers, but you don't need to resort to assembly - there should be plenty around you can program with C.

You might want to check out the 'electronics' subforum of www.asmcommunity.net/board/ . The forum is, obviously, pretty assembly-centric, but there's a couple of people who have been dealing with microcontrollers and the like there, they might be able to point you in the right direction.
- carpe noctem

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: C# Microcontroller
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:29 PM »
A couple years ago there was quite a bit of talk about the '.netcpu' that ran something called TinyCLR.

Sadly, that project (and its company - http://www.dotnetcpu.com) have disappeared.  I'm not sure if anything along those lines has been done since.  A quick google of '.netcpu' or 'tinyclr' turned up nothing other than old articles about the defunct device/company.

Now, I'm by no means a Java expert, but Java seems much closer to C# than to C/C++ or assembly.  You'd probably have little trouble picking up Java if you know C#.