ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Barnacle - Add toolbars to your favorite programs

<< < (14/16) > >>

lanux128:
i'd like to add a tip i found in the AHK forums: to avoid errors caused by UPX compression, one can remove or rename UPX.exe from the AutoHotKey's "Compiler" folder. this way the compiler will ignore the UPX compression flag and compile normally. of course, this will add to the file-size but that is another story. :)

DerRaphael:
hi there -
i tested barnacle.exe's with win2k sp4 / german and didnt show icons in calc.exe

tooltips were working fine though (something messed up received msgs, cuz all of a sudden my explorer started)

so long
derRaphael

BGM:
Hello!  I just stumbled on this wonderful Barnacle.  I've been searching and dreaming of a customizable toolbar to inject into Adobe Indesign.  Barnacle is perfect because it makes use of Indesigns thousand keyboard commands.  And it works in Indesign, but is glitchy.  Sometimes it flickers, sometimes it stays on top of Indesign's dropdown menus and sometimes it causes the scrolling to slow, other times it causes the tabbed menus inside the floating panels to freeze for a few moments.  Unless it begins to work more smoothly, I will have to abandon Barnacle.  I am running XP pro on a Dell Precision duo core with Indesign CS2.  I tried lowering the system priority on Barnacle but it didn't seem to help.  Finally, while Barnacle is running, it slows down other programs too that aren't even Barnacled.  Is there something I can do to help Barnacle work better?  All my toolbars appear just fine, its only the system performance that seems to be off.

update to post 11 years later:
I just wanted to point out, that 11 years later, I noticed that this was my very first post on Donation Coder.  It was Barnacle that brought me to DonationCoder.

lanux128:
i hope this project hasn't been abandoned. it has so much potential.

optio:
Is it abandoned?  :o :'( :down:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version