ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Barnacle - Add toolbars to your favorite programs

<< < (11/16) > >>

skrommel:
 :) @cracksloth: What I have made is tabs for proper MDI windows, but I'm thinking of adding tabs for menu items instead, as most MDI apps have a Window menu listing the MDIs. This could also be used for a lot of other apps.

There already exist programs for collecting windows together, like Jedi Window Dock.

Skrommel

edbro:
I have a problem with Barnacle causing my system to slow way down. I'm running Barncle .992 on Vista Business. Currently, I only have one toolbar with 24 buttons for xplorer2.exe. 3 of those buttons are just blank icons for spacing. I noticed that if I leave xplorer2 open for a while with the toolbar running, after a while my system will really slow down. For example, if I type anything in notepad, it will take several seconds for the text to appear, as if was coming across a 300baud modem. It seems to get worse the longer the app stays running. The first indication I get is when I run my mouse across the toolbar icons it will slow down as if I was dragging it through molasses.

I suspected it was Barnacle because the problem appeared shortly after installing it. Tonight, I closed most other processes and ran xplorer2 and Barncle by themselves. After about 30 minutes the problem appeared. Taskmanager does not show high cpu usage. When I shut down Barnacle, the system sluggishness dissapeared.

Is this a Vista problem? Does Barnacle play well with Vista? I use Autohotkey with several other scripts and no problems.

scancode:
 :up: for Barnacle. Amazing!

I fixed the colour bug and the i-like-painting-in-borders bug.

Here's the fixed source. http://barnacle.pastebin.com/f1e4eabe6

-- scancode
-- a happy barnacle user.

|edit info| fixed another little bug I introduced :/
               might seem weird, but if I don't split it in three parts it doesn't use the right color :|

Anklebuster:
Hi!
I would love to try using Barnacle. Alas, the Barnacle.rtf file didn't come with the exe (one 1 hour software site). I read an earlier post that said this file would be created by the exe.

Can anybody point me to the rtf file?

Thanks,

Mitch (Anklebuster)

mijj:
I'm having a problem with missing expected barnacle.rtf too .. i believe it's a "help" file ... thus .. i have no idea how to set up a working barnacle.

... plus .. if i try to run barnacle.exe .. i get the following alert from AVG antivirus ...
(image of virus theat warning here ...) http://www.mijj.me.uk/pics/barnacle.png

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version