ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Accessibility Game Contest

my switch games

<< < (5/5)

CodeTRUCKER:
Mine is almost ready... just a few more bugs...

mouser:
sorry if i wasn't clear but the deadline is closed for new stuff;
but if you have bugfixes feel free to submit them; i've already made my assessments and so has michelle hinn, but there are still a few accessibility judges that havent, and if you submit bugfixes they will may get a chance to try those fixed versions.  but we are not accepting any other impovements.

Deozaan:
As to why they seem to be more high quality...  ;) perhaps it's because they actually work this time  :D Although I guarantee, upon my honor, that the only things that I have changed are the two issues mentioned above  ;D Perhaps the games look good at your monitors' native resolution instead of 640x480/800x600?  ;D-scriptedfun (January 07, 2007, 12:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

The fact that they worked does make it seem better, but I think you're right about the resolution. The graphics seem a lost smoother, especially on Herder. And I don't think the music was working when my keyboard wasn't either. It's nice music.

With Bounce I think it would still work well as a switch game where the dragon has three positions. It would add to the challenge! I can't remember if it was the original version of Tetris that did this, but I'm sure I've played some kind of Tetris game where you could only rotate the block one way, so if you needed to change you had to press the button a few times and fast! It adds to the frantic nature of such a game.

Thanks again for these games!

mouser:
to me, the bounce and flight things were just little tests - they didn't seem to be real full games to me and i didn't spend much time looking at them (no offense intended).  but herder was a different story altogether, and really was a cool experience.

scriptedfun:
Deozaan: Thanks for your suggestions regarding Bounce! I'll try to factor those in. This project actually began life as the two-button game I described earlier, and I will try to make that available as well. I'm glad you liked the games :).

mouser: I agree with you on this one. Flight is obviously a test, and Bounce, as I have said earlier, was actually designed as a two-button game, and right now both really feel unpolished. Herder, on the other hand, was designed 100% to work as a switch game, and I'm actually very happy with the way it turned out. I think that it's a lot of fun to play, and, with some more work and balancing (to make its difficulty more reasonable, etc.), I think that it has the potential to be there with Solitaire, Minesweeper, Pinball, etc. - the types of games that non-gamers (who I think make up the majority of computer people) would play in between waiting for e-mail to load, etc. I hope, with the help of everyone, for the games to reach that potential!  :D

Thank you so much for all the feedback! Work will continue on these three games, and hopefully they can eventually turn into games that a lot of people will enjoy.

Thank you so much for this contest! It has been a great opportunity for me, and I'm sure that it has been a great opportunity for everyone who has joined this contest. Through this contest, a good number of new games came into being for everyone to enjoy :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version