ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Friday, January 12: ClipMate @ Bits du Jour

<< < (4/5) > >>

Dormouse:
I'd install and test it - if you don't have any trouble, it's a must have. Having said that, if I didn't have so much invested in organising my clips through it, I'd switch to Clipboard Help and Spell... -Darwin (August 26, 2008, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

What do you see as the advantages/disadvantages against Clipboard Help and Spell?
I loaded CH+S, and it does seem powerful, but it seems rather keyboard orientated and it turned out that I didn't actually use it very much so I stopped autoloading it. (In practice, with Circle Dock I shall be autoloading a great deal less anyway). I did have the trial of ClipMate installed - but found I was still on Day 1 of 30 after all these months  :huh: - probably because I was mostly trying other free progs (Ditto, ClipMagic, CH+S, ClipCache, ClipX etc) and didn't see myself buying a full price version of ClipMate. Of course, with a discount, it may be different.

Wish I'd paid attention to all the posts on extraordinarily low prices on ListPro now, and don't want to miss out on the discount on ClipMate if it really is better than the others. Doesn't seem as if it will be quick to get on top of its usage though (and not sure I'll do it in a week), so the more explanations of its advantages there are, the easier to make a decision. I do need to decide which one I will stick to longer term though & portability is a definite advantage there against some of the others.

PS - No sign of any problems in my so far desultory usage despite Office 2007. Any hint to what I should be looking out for?

TucknDar:
Main thing I'm missing from CH+S is storing bitmaps, and that will hopefully make it in eventually. :)

Armando:
There are a few nice discussions on the forum about different clipboard "enhancers". One of my favorite is dominated by allen  ;) with some great reflections.

Darwin:
What do you see as the advantages/disadvantages against Clipboard Help and Spell?
-Dormouse (August 26, 2008, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

To be honest, I've never really done more than install CH&S and give it a cursory glance... I've owned a licence for Clipmate since before I knew of the existence of CH&S and have over 400 clips saved and organized. Thus, I've never *needed* to play with CH&S much and can't really give an educated breakdown of the pros and cons of each  :-[

Dormouse:
There are a few nice discussions on the forum about different clipboard "enhancers". One of my favorite is dominated by allen  ;) with some great reflections.-Armando (August 26, 2008, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'd not remembered this one (I'm assuming I've seen it before as I remember a discussion about AceText). allen's objections to ClipMate seemed to be that it does too much (I think I can survive with that) and lack of a portable mode (also important to me - but it now has that).

I do a lot of writing and correcting. Some of my own stuff is used in multiple documents. I don't really need anything too complex, but I prefer mouse use (and I'll see how ClipMate goes with that) and will use some long kept snippets. I don't need it to compete with Ultra Recall, OneNote or Evernote though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version