topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Friday, January 12: ClipMate @ Bits du Jour  (Read 11396 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Friday, January 12: ClipMate @ Bits du Jour
« on: January 04, 2007, 05:41 AM »
Friday, January 12: ClipMate - This is how the clipboard should work!! Multiple clips, choose your own format, strip newlines, screen capture, autotext, and a lot more useful stuff. Be sure to check this one out - you won't be sorry!

Just a note to let you know that this excellent programs will be coming up next week. I highly recommend this program. I have been using it for over a year and don't know what I would do without it.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Friday, January 12: ClipMate @ Bits du Jour
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Remind me again in a week!

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:01 AM »
TODAY is the day. Go buy ClipMate. You'll be happy you did.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:20 AM by tinjaw »

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 08:10 AM »
TODAY is the day. Go buy ClipMate. You be happy you did.
Wow Tin. What an amazing find/discount. I guess I need to start checking this website if they are going to have software that I love for a big discount.

Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 08:22 AM »
guess I need to start checking this website if they are going to have software that I love for a big discount.

They posted something back in December that they had gotten enough attention and good press for these discounts that they were starting to get contacted by some of the more mainstream/established developers and that 2007 should bring some new and exciting discounts. Let's hope so.

mrainey

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Website
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 08:53 AM »
So, ClipMate is a real good program?
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 09:02 AM »

Yes. I am a ClipMate Fanboy-for-a-day.  :Thmbsup:

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 09:38 AM »
Clipmate is indispensible on my work machines - I can't live without it. Of course, there is also mouser's own excellent Clipboard Help+Spell. I've owned Clipmate for years and love it (obviously!), but if I did not already own two licenses for it, I'd be using Clipboard Help+Spell. I installed it on my wife's notebook and she and I are both very impressed by it.

edit by jgpaiva: fixing ]url[ tag
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:43 AM by jgpaiva »

mrainey

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Website
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 10:21 AM »
I'll give Clipboard Help+Spell a good look.  I've been using Classic Clipboard for a number of years, but it's unsupported now and starting to show its age.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 01:09 PM »

Nothing against CHS. I use ClipMate because I bought it and started with it. Those issues aside, it's a fantastic program. I use it many times every day. It has a wealth of features. Take a look at it. I have also added a screen shot so you can see the UI.

Ken

Screenshot - 1_12_2007 , 1_19_02 PM_thumb.png
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 01:20 PM by KenR »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 01:29 PM »
For those wanting to check out my Clipboard Help+Spell, it's page is here:
https://www.donation...pandspell/index.html

ClipMate is a great program there can be little doubt.  It is the king of clipboard tools.  CHS was created because i liked ClipMate but wasn't happy with the searching and the complexity (and price).  But there can be no doubt that it is a serious powerful program and you'll have a hard time finding a more featurefull program.  You definitely owe it to yourself to try it if you like clipboard enhancers.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 04:58 AM »
And ClipMate is coming back to Bits du Jour on 1st September. 43% discount - $19.95.

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Thanks! I'll write that down...  :)

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 01:53 AM »
What's the resource usage like for ClipMate? Looks very powerful!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Resource usage is low. However, I have an ongoing problem in that the connection to the clipboard keeps on being broken. The only thing I can think of is Office 2007, but I've yet to figure out where the problem lies!

I'd install and test it - if you don't have any trouble, it's a must have. Having said that, if I didn't have so much invested in organising my clips through it, I'd switch to Clipboard Help and Spell...

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 12:53 PM »
I'd install and test it - if you don't have any trouble, it's a must have. Having said that, if I didn't have so much invested in organising my clips through it, I'd switch to Clipboard Help and Spell...

What do you see as the advantages/disadvantages against Clipboard Help and Spell?
I loaded CH+S, and it does seem powerful, but it seems rather keyboard orientated and it turned out that I didn't actually use it very much so I stopped autoloading it. (In practice, with Circle Dock I shall be autoloading a great deal less anyway). I did have the trial of ClipMate installed - but found I was still on Day 1 of 30 after all these months  :huh: - probably because I was mostly trying other free progs (Ditto, ClipMagic, CH+S, ClipCache, ClipX etc) and didn't see myself buying a full price version of ClipMate. Of course, with a discount, it may be different.

Wish I'd paid attention to all the posts on extraordinarily low prices on ListPro now, and don't want to miss out on the discount on ClipMate if it really is better than the others. Doesn't seem as if it will be quick to get on top of its usage though (and not sure I'll do it in a week), so the more explanations of its advantages there are, the easier to make a decision. I do need to decide which one I will stick to longer term though & portability is a definite advantage there against some of the others.

PS - No sign of any problems in my so far desultory usage despite Office 2007. Any hint to what I should be looking out for?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:56 PM by Dormouse »

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 01:12 PM »
Main thing I'm missing from CH+S is storing bitmaps, and that will hopefully make it in eventually. :)

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 02:19 PM »
There are a few nice discussions on the forum about different clipboard "enhancers". One of my favorite is dominated by allen  ;) with some great reflections.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 06:17 PM »
What do you see as the advantages/disadvantages against Clipboard Help and Spell?

To be honest, I've never really done more than install CH&S and give it a cursory glance... I've owned a licence for Clipmate since before I knew of the existence of CH&S and have over 400 clips saved and organized. Thus, I've never *needed* to play with CH&S much and can't really give an educated breakdown of the pros and cons of each  :-[

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 07:11 PM »
There are a few nice discussions on the forum about different clipboard "enhancers". One of my favorite is dominated by allen  ;) with some great reflections.

Thanks, I'd not remembered this one (I'm assuming I've seen it before as I remember a discussion about AceText). allen's objections to ClipMate seemed to be that it does too much (I think I can survive with that) and lack of a portable mode (also important to me - but it now has that).

I do a lot of writing and correcting. Some of my own stuff is used in multiple documents. I don't really need anything too complex, but I prefer mouse use (and I'll see how ClipMate goes with that) and will use some long kept snippets. I don't need it to compete with Ultra Recall, OneNote or Evernote though.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 07:15 PM »
I've owned a licence for Clipmate since before I knew of the existence of CH&S and have over 400 clips saved and organized. Thus, I've never *needed* to play with CH&S much and can't really give an educated breakdown of the pros and cons of each  :-[
I think I'll take this as a recommendation for ClipMate - especially coming from someone who always seems to have tried a number of options extensively  ;D