ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

How to Share Your Programs with the World (PAD Files, installers, etc.)

<< < (3/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
I'm hip to PadGen and have my own site.  After looking around here I see a place for quick hacks, which I love(my first AutoHotKey script is for Vista and just waits for Control-Enter hotkey to open Explorer selections in another window like XP.) I'm curious how I could contribute some little hacks of my own.  I toyed with my own licensing code when I first opened my page but after awhile it was just a pain so I enabled all my software for free download.  So I guess anything that's already out of the bag doesn't fit the license key paradigm? Or where do I find out more details?

I'm a newbie and took a quick look around but maybe I missed something right in front of me.  Happens a lot. :)

kevinjmills:
Mouser,

What engine do you use for software license keys?  What's your opinion on providing feature limited software for free, but asking for donations to unlock full functionality?  I'm not currently using any licensing mechanisms for my software, but am interested in maybe going that route in the future.

Thanks,
Kevin

mouser:
kevin these are great questions, but i'm going to split it off into its own thread so it doesn't distract from this thread about pad files, etc.

MilesAhead:
And of course submit them to my PAD Database:
http://www.paddatabase.com/

This will help get it some exposure.
-Veign (January 01, 2007, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seems to be giving off a CGI error at the moment. :(

Veign:
Fixed now.  Server hiccup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page