ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Hide icons from desktop

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
Skrommel wrote a small program -Deozaan (January 03, 2007, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I tried that one too, but didn't understand it. Skrommel writes: "Hide the desktop icons when the mouse is elsewhere." "Elsewhere" is "on the sys-tray toolbar..." This message area toolbar (what is the correct term?) is 28 pixels high (Win2K), and my screen is 768 pixels - and the icons will display whenever the mouse is at the remaining 740 pixels out of 768. So maybe it should say: "see if you can hide the desktop icons."

I don't like the idea about tweaking Win2K/Explorer, because it will need a PC restart to change this setting every time I would need to see/hide the icons (every time I install a new program I'll check if it made an icon on the desktop). No, for now it seems that I'll have to say goodbye to the right-click menu, and goodday to some tyrannical 'hide icons' program, like Wallmaster. Only, this program will not hide its own icon from the sys-tray,  and there are already too many icons in my sys-tray. So I'll have to keep on looking for another 'hide icons' program.

Any more suggestions? Please!  :tellme:

Curt:
The end, I hope, to this little problem of mine, is a $20 program named Desktop Icon Toy - and it really is a piece of toy. I was so charmed by the features of this little app' that I forgot all about 'free' and 'always hide icons' and 'right-click menu', but have taken an all new attitude:
icons on the desktop can be funny! :P

This screenshot was captured at 10:37 >

What screenshot?
Will someone get this stupid attach system a useful help section!!  :down:  :mad:

Hmm.. on the screenshot the icons are forming a clock, and the clock is correct.

Of course the icons can dance and whatever you would like them to do - Icon Toy has MANY
features - but the prime feature to me is that they stay all hidden until mouseover (if that is what you want); they will not even display if I place the cursor in the middle between two icons! This is the way I would have liked skrommels program to act. And this toy-program is precisely as tyrannical as I wanted the other programs, I've tested, to be; no more displaying the icons for a second hundred of times a day - no, the icons really stay hidden all the time until mouseover - and I kept my right-click menu. Superb!

After edit: Sorry for the harsh words in red: this is really strange to me:
The picture does not display in my Firefox - only in Internet Explorer 6 ???  :tellme:

jgpaiva:
What screenshot?
Will someone get this stupid attach system a useful help section!!  :down:  :mad:
-Curt (January 06, 2007, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Mouser already did, Curt.. Check out https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1996.0

(i edited your post to show the screenshot)

Curt:
i edited your post to show the screenshot -jgpaiva (January 06, 2007, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ohh, that explains a lot  :-[

Your interference crossed my 'after-edit' - but Thank You  :Thmbsup:

- and Yes, the screenshot was captured at 11:37, not 10:37  :-[

Curt:
Will someone get this attach system a useful help section!?-Curt (January 06, 2007, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Mouser already did, Curt.. Check out https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1996.0
-jgpaiva (January 06, 2007, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
i have just finished some modifications to the forum software to allow inline insertion of attachments (images,etc.).  This should help a lot in posts where the text refers to images a lot and you used to have all the attached images just shown at the footer of the post.
(...)
The new feature supports a bunch of different tags that let you control how images are displayed:
Code:
[ Invalid Attachment ] says insert normal attachment #specified there
for example, [ Invalid Attachment ] shows attachment #1 image here:
--- End quote ---

Every one of you forgot that one will never see these 'Link Inline Image' options, unless one is starting a thread, or quoting. Otherwise one will only get "Quick Reply" without this option.

When one then tryes to start a thread and insert a picture, one will see a button named "Insert Image" (tooltip on mouseover) placed before 'Link Inline Image'. Will you say that it is logic that one shall NOT use this 'Insert Image' button to insert an (uploaded) image??!!

I still think someone should write a more useful help section - please  :-*
I guess you all use this 'Link Inline Image' so often that you don't stop to think about what the page is telling...

(img)(I would like to show a picture here, to demo' what I mean)(/img)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version