ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Coming soon.. Arrows, callouts, textboxes

(1/8) > >>

mouser:
i think i have figured out a reasonable way to support editable arrows, textboxes, callouts, etc., in screenshot captor.
look for it in next version.

if anyone has some good free clipart that would be useful for adding to screenshots (maybe like special arrows or thought balloon type things), let me know.

Ampa:
What format do you want the arrows and call outs to be in? Vector or Raster?

If no free clipart is forthcoming, it would be no problem to whip some up.

Ampa

mouser:
thats a qood question about format..

i can load vector art in emf or wmf format, or any raster format.
if its raster format it should probably be pretty high-resolution so that it can be scaled to a large size (say 640x480) and still look good.

i wonder if there is already some simple callout image format already defines that includes info about where text should be placed.. if not i was thinking something very simple like this:

there would be a subdirectory in ScreenshotCaptor directory labeled StampsAndCallouts
in that directory would be images, and with some images a simple text file describing the coordinates of a rectangular box where the text would go.

so we would just have images there that would be useful for adding to screenshots, like maybe a "new!" sticker image.

and also callouts, which would exist like:
BubbleCallout.wmf (the image)
BubbleCallout.textboxinfo (would simply contain a line like "10,10,200,20" specifying the location of the text box that should be created inside the image when placed on the screen).

users will be able to add their own stamps and callouts just by placing files in that directory, i just thought it would be nice to have a few samples.  maybe you can help make some ampa after i get the feature working.

AbteriX:
i think i have figured out a reasonable way to support editable arrows, textboxes, callouts, etc., in screenshot captor.
look for it in next version.-mouser (August 12, 2005, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice to hear you work on such things.
That's pretty handy for to wrote documentations  :)

I could test this if you want...

br
stefan

mouser:
cool arrows!

i can see this is really going to be fun :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version