Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 11:40:51 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DC Forum Post Notifier Lite (a.k.a. Pop-Up Cody) - v1.1.6 - May 21, 2007  (Read 55391 times)
CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »

I've been silent, but I've been using it!  Two issues, probably not new, but still a problem...
  • It keeps bypassing my proxy - need proxy dialog?
  • Steals focus - yes/no/sometimes... I know this doesn't help much, but this IS what is happening.  Seems like it did not used to so this,but then it started??
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:16:37 PM by CodeTRUCKER » Logged

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

Two there should be; no more, no less.

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2007, 10:16:27 AM »

I've been silent, but I've been using it!  Two issues, probably not new, but still a problem...
  • It keeps bypassing my proxy - need proxy dialog?
  • Steals focus - yes/no/sometimes... I know this doesn't help much, but this IS what is happening.  Seems like it did not used to so this,but then it started??

I have been holding back from writing because I was waiting for a pattern to emerge.  None has, except now it is to the point where it grabs focus every time.

Any ideas?

Calvin, does the new upload work for you wrt proxy and stealing focus problems?  smiley  (here I experienced a lot of the Notifier taking away focus from active app recently)

Update: the problem of grabbing focus is still there, guess I'll have to explore win32 api methods  Sad
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 04:36:22 AM by Wordzilla » Logged

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2007, 07:39:16 AM »

This is pretty cool!  Thmbsup

One small problem I haven't seen mentioned yet:

The links to posts open in the default browser, which is nice, but if the post contains a link and you click it, it opens in IE (yuck!)

Screenshot:

Oh...and autorun at startup would be better for current user and not local machine. It's more polite. There could be other users on a pc that might not appreciate this application as much as we do.  embarassed

And I have a feature request for the Pro version, if possible:

Ability to mark a post as read.

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2007, 02:06:55 AM »

I have had some time to enjoy this now, and I am loving it...but...

I am afraid I won't be able to run this any longer. It's causing my general cpu usage to run much higher than normal (50-75%) for some reason...and of course raising the cpu temp (to near 67C).

Closing it seems to drop things back down to normal. (under 10% and about 52C or less)

For some reason, Explorer is going nuts while this is running.

Just for statistical reference:

P4 Prescott 3.2 ghz
Windows XP Home
1G ram
IE 7

What a shame too, because I really liked it.  Sad

If you need more info, let me know.

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2007, 02:16:54 AM »

Thanks for the input app103. smiley  I'm sure the notifier needs a serious revamp and I'll get back to it asap (just needs to finish this DC web project first  embarassed)

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 04:06:17 AM »

New version v1.1.4 uploaded!  Grin

Changes:

1. Links embedded in posts now open in default browser (instead of IE)
Yuck!

2. Autorun at startup option now modifies registry settings in CurrentUser only.
3. Use less system resources.

As for "Ability to mark a post as read.", I'm not able to tell the notifier to read your firefox forum logon cookie/credential.

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 04:22:08 AM »

btw, v1.1.4 allows you to read posts in their entirety inside the notifier.

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 04:47:54 AM »

YAY!

and cpu usage is much lower.  smiley   Thmbsup

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

i haven't used this much but it looks very nice.. Thmbsup btw, the links open in IE eventhough my default browser is Firefox..

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2007, 12:58:26 PM »

btw, the links open in IE eventhough my default browser is Firefox..

R u sure? If u are already using the latest version (v1.1.4), then congratulations you have found a bug for me to fix!  Wink

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »

a colleague had used my computer and inadvertently changed the default browser settings.. sorry, false alarm.. embarassed

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 05:18:45 AM »

I have a small feature request:

It would be nice if when you hover over links within a post that you could have a tooltip with the url it leads to.

Without a statusbar to show this, I have no idea where they go.

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 06:34:45 AM »

You have it, app103! Download the new version 1.1.41.

Nice idea indeed. Ty!  Thmbsup

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 06:48:49 AM »

Thanks!

and it works great!  Thmbsup

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2007, 01:32:07 AM »

yet another request, how about an option to turn off the transparency and fade-in/out effect? sometimes i'm stuck at a low-end pc with on-board graphics card.. Sad

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2007, 05:56:13 AM »

YOU MADE ME DO IT, lanux128!!   onfire   cheesy

v1.1.5

Changes:

1. Move mouse cursor to the exact top-left corner of the screen to hide notification window instantly. YES!
2. Multiple user options added
3. Displays "Last Checked on" time in tray icon tooltip
4. Notifies connection error

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:06:06 AM by Wordzilla » Logged

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2007, 06:09:09 AM »

Hey Wordzilla I just installed this program and it's great maybe now I won't check the forum every 15 minutes at work.
However all the post contents are empty for me, even in the Show Recent Posts option! The title is displayed but nothing else.

Sad Any idea?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:11:15 AM by justice » Logged

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 06:11:16 AM »

The title is displayed but nothing else.

Have u set up any proxies in IE?

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 06:16:29 AM »

No proxies

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2007, 06:21:59 AM »

No proxies

Possibly your antivirus / access control program is preventing the notifier from creating a temporary file in C:\ (root directory).

Do you see C:\dcloadhtml.htm when running the notifier? smiley

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:23:48 AM by Wordzilla » Logged

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2007, 06:25:09 AM »

Ah I see. I'm running vista. You're only allowed to create a file in the root directory when run as administrator passing through UAC.
If you could change it to the Temporary files environment variable %temp% then it would run as normal user.

A file doesn't get created otherwise.

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2007, 06:26:12 AM »

Ah, i have UAC (user account control) disabled on my vista so i didnt see the prob

I'll come up with a solution very soon, stay tuned! smiley

Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2007, 07:16:45 AM »

Justice: vista bug fixed, plz download the latest version smiley

Thanks!!  Thmbsup

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2007, 07:24:19 AM »

Kiss It works! now I have to stop the habit of checking the forum manually...

tellme Oh, and a feature request to keep you off the streets Wink Could you make it somehow that I could switch between:

Thanks so much cheesy

Maybe by allowing us experts to change the RSS feed the notifications are based on? (don't know if that would work)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:26:02 AM by justice » Logged

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2007, 08:41:32 PM »

YOU MADE ME DO IT, lanux128!!
thanks a bunch, Wordzilla.. smiley Thmbsup

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.049s | Server load: 0.02 ]