ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

DC Forum Post Notifier Lite (a.k.a. Pop-Up Cody) - v1.1.6 - May 21, 2007

<< < (9/18) > >>

Wordzilla:
but because at times I'm repeatedly away from the computer for short spells, I then dont know have I missed new posts or not -

I'm wondering:
is there already an option i missed out on that would help, or
have other people this problem & have solution/ideas ??
-tomos (January 03, 2007, 02:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks tomos. :)

I think the problem here lies in how we can effectively determine "missed notifications". Imagine the user sits right before his display when the notifier pops up, he was staring at his monitor, probably daydreaming and then only scans a few words on it and decides to ignore it, letting it automatically fade out.

Is the notification missed? Or is there a way that we can decide the person really did not see the notification?

Maybe one of the criteria could be "no keyboard/mouse activity for ## seconds", same way how screen savers work. What do you think?  :)

Wordzilla:
It's hardly worth a screenshot really - just start up Excel, click a cell and start typing (*) - but here is one anyway:
-Arjen (January 03, 2007, 08:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know it was kinda a silly question. But I did test it with my Excel 2007 after u reported the problem, and I failed to reproduce the problem by simply doing formula editing in cells. So I thought u could be referring to some other advanced editing environment.  ;)

tomos:
I think the problem here lies in how we can effectively determine "missed notifications". Imagine the user sits right before his display when the notifier pops up, he was staring at his monitor, probably daydreaming and then only scans a few words on it and decides to ignore it, letting it automatically fade out.
Maybe one of the criteria could be "no keyboard/mouse activity for ## seconds", same way how screen savers work. What do you think?  -mobysaurus
--- End quote ---
on thinking about it i think theres too many variables (for me at any rate :-\ )

I think if it was available I would use a universal hotkey to bring up the popup showing recent posts (i.e. preferably directly to the recent posts) & I probably wouldnt bother with anything else

also, for example, a couple of times today I happened to hit return as a new post was materialising in the corner - it disappears - then the hotkey would come to the rescue again  :D

I havent read the full thread so it may have been suggested already:
possibility of changing number of recent posts would be nice.

ta, tom

Wordzilla:
would it be possible or what would you think of an option to show it as a minimizable window - I mean from the point of view of being able to Alt-Tab to it & then check recent posts -
if I am staying at computer I could minimize it to system tray - then maybe a hotkey to bring it up as a window if I'm coming & going ?-tom
--- End quote ---

I was thinking very complicated there !  :)

A universal hotkey to bring up recent posts would cover it - think you were probably considering that anyways
-tomos (January 03, 2007, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think ppl will love to see it in the Pro ver.  Added to my to-do list. :D

Also I like this "recent posts preview" idea -

The notifier displays a number of recent posts in a pop-up window upon user request and when it detects mouse hovering on the title bar of one of the posts, it shows the content of the post in a floating window and closes the window when the cursor moves out of the area. In a word, shrink and expand.

SpoilerIt shows and hides like this but you don't have to click anything  ;D

any idea? :)

tomos:
The notifier displays a number of recent posts in a pop-up window upon user request and when it detects mouse hovering on the title bar of one of the posts, it shows the content of the post in a floating window and closes the window when the cursor moves out of the area. In a word, shrink and expand.
any idea?  :)
--- End quote ---

great idea

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version