ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

DC Forum Post Notifier Lite (a.k.a. Pop-Up Cody) - v1.1.6 - May 21, 2007

<< < (6/18) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
FYI -  I have been testing this today and sometimes it does grab focus.  It just happened as I was typing in UltraEdit Studio and no more letters went to the screen eventhough I was still typing.  Earlier today this did not happen.  I couldn't see what I was typing, but when the slide faded I could see what I had typed.

Wordzilla:
FYI -  I have been testing this today and sometimes it does grab focus.  It just happened as I was typing in UltraEdit Studio and no more letters went to the screen eventhough I was still typing.  Earlier today this did not happen.  I couldn't see what I was typing, but when the slide faded I could see what I had typed.
-Farmsteader (January 02, 2007, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe it was because I set the window to be "on the top"

--- Code: vb.net ---Me.Topmost = True
I set the value back to false in 1.1.20 (just uploaded), could you help me test it to see if it still might suddenly grab focus? Thx!  :Thmbsup:

btw, I will start working on the PRO version very soon (I have to! :P), you'll see some hotkey options in it. Also plz feel 100% free to let me what other features you would like to see in the PRO version (anything!)

Wordzilla:
Okay in that case it must be a proxy issue, because here at work I'm not getting notified of new posts either... At home it worked :(

Any chance your app can be made to configure the use of a proxy server with authentication?
-Ruffnekk (January 02, 2007, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Ruffnekk! :Thmbsup: I really should have thought of situations where ppl connect to the net via proxy servers.  :-[

Check out the new version:

1.1.25    Connect to the Internet via proxy/no-proxy based on Internet Explorer settings

Lemme know if it doesn't work for you. :)

tomos:
great stuff mobysaurus  :up:

I really like the interface,
but because at times I'm repeatedly away from the computer for short spells, I then dont know have I missed new posts or not -

I'm wondering:
is there already an option i missed out on that would help, or
have other people this problem & have solution/ideas ??
or, e.g.
would it be possible or what would you think of an option to show it as a minimizable window - I mean from the point of view of being able to Alt-Tab to it & then check recent posts -
if I am staying at computer I could minimize it to system tray - then maybe a hotkey to bring it up as a window if I'm coming & going ?

or is there some other way?

Ruffnekk:
Thanks Ruffnekk! :Thmbsup: I really should have thought of situations where ppl connect to the net via proxy servers.  :-[

Check out the new version:

1.1.25    Connect to the Internet via proxy/no-proxy based on Internet Explorer settings

Lemme know if it doesn't work for you. :)
-Mobysaurus (January 03, 2007, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've downloaded 1.1.25 but it doesn't work yet. Should it detect settings automatically?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version