ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: First Draft Maker

(1/2) > >>

JennyB:
Like many people, I tend to waste an awful lot of time re-editing what I've just written rather than just putting more words down and polishing it later.

I'm looking for a little program that only lets me type and nothing  else. No opening and closing files, no cut and paste, no fancy formatting and above all no going back, except to delete the last word, rather like an electric typewriter.  Like that, too the text scrolls up from the status line, which shows the time elapsed since I opened it and the number of words complete, together with the totals for that day.  Naturally, it gets saved in a text file that I can open with a normal editor for revision, and the time spent and number of words output is saved to a log file, but I never see past work in the draft maker - all I see are the words I typed in since I last opened it and how long it took me to write them.

nudone:
that's an interesting idea.

mouser:
yeah, that might actually be useful for those of us who want to practice writing and not get hung up on always trying to correct and perfect 1 sentence.

think of it like a typewriter simulator.

nudone:
think of it like a typewriter simulator.
-mouser (December 31, 2006, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

ha, that would be even better. something that worked just like typewriter - with the tap, tap and ding noises - well, maybe that would become annoying pretty quick.

i'd like to see the program created though.

lanux128:
i'm not a writer but i've read somewhere about Blockwriter & WriteRoom for a distraction-free writing environment but both are for MacOS..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version