ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

Ultimas Software presents: AD Search

(1/1)

Poolee:
Hi everyone... sounds official eh!  :D

AD Search - v1.0.0.0 (see attachment at the bottom)

* First public release on December 31st, 2006.
* Some features relating to the program:         - validates a search path before being able to do a search
         - only the current tree level is initially retrieved to make the search more responsive;
             + the next level of the tree is only retrieved when that tree node is expanded
         - multithreaded for application responsiveness
         - combos allow adding and removing of elements
         - the contents of most gui elements are saved between sessions, eg search path, search filter, search depth, max results

* Within the framework of Directory Searcher object in C# .NET, the following is possible         - search criteria can be defined, eg only objects, only containers, only containers containing starting with K
         - the maximum number of results returned can limited to make the search responsive
         - all properties for each object are retrieved automatically, but can be limited to certain properties if required

* Dot Net Framework 2.0 required
WHAT IT DOES:
This program allows an administrator to navigate and search Active Directory, to retrieve only the objects that are of interest.  The search refers to what should be returned in a query, not what should the query should be looking for, ie this is different to a search in Windows Explorer that will search folders and subfolders for matching results.  (However, this may become part of the feature set in a later release).

Yes, there are other tools out there like this, but the reason I did this particular program is because it is something I needed to learn as part of a larger project.  This is also, my first ever C# .NET application - which began as a proof-of-concept program about 3 months ago, approximately 1 month after taking up C#.  Previous coding experience was limited to Borland Delphi (7 to 2006), so this is a big change for me!

Having become very excited by the challenges that real object oriented programming presents, I am now studying to become a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer!!

SCREENSHOT:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version