topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TinyXML Library for C++ (I Love It)  (Read 8650 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
TinyXML Library for C++ (I Love It)
« on: December 29, 2006, 12:30 PM »
After using it in two recent projects, with a couple different compilers, I have to say that i absolutely LOVE this TinyXML library for C++ (Open Source).

It is a pure joy to use and could not be any easier.  Not only is it small but it's got plenty of helper functions that really make everything easier.  Rarely am I this happy with a c++ library.  Big thumbs up from me.  If you need to add xml support to a c++ program, you cannot go wrong using TinyXML  :up: :up: :up:

TinyXml is a simple, small, C++ XML parser that can be easily integrating into other programs.

I found myself writing a text file parser every time I needed to save human readable data or serialize objects; I created tinyxml to solve the text I/O file once and for all. (Or, as a friend said, end the Just Another Text File Parser problem.)

Online Documentation: including sample code, general information, and an API reference.

Download the latest source release on Sourceforge. The release contains the source code, demo code, and all the documentation. It is written in OS independent C++. (Note that on the projects page it shows 0 CVS commits, which is incorrect.)

Please send me e-mail if you like (or don't like) TinyXml - and I'm always curious who is using it! For general discussion, there is a discussion board and a mail list. You can also enter bugs, access CVS, and request features all from the TinyXml Project Page.
Lee Thomason

Docs here: http://www.grinningl...nyxmldocs/index.html

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TinyXML Library for C++ (I Love It)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 04:29 PM »
I'm going to jump in here and give it my :Thmbsup: too. Like mouser I've used it on a couple of projects and it's performed flawlessly.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: TinyXML Library for C++ (I Love It)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 05:03 PM »
It's nice enough and amount the better I've tried - but I still think it could be easier. I ran into a couple of weird quirks with it anyway, not that I can remember them off the top of my head.
- carpe noctem