topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ExtremeTech's Ultimate Mouse Smack-Down  (Read 6530 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ExtremeTech's Ultimate Mouse Smack-Down
« on: December 27, 2006, 04:20 AM »
If you didn't get what you wanted over the holidays, you might consider treating yourself to "the world's most advanced mouse."

... Best General Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Logitech unloaded a bombshell when it released "the world's most advanced mouse." We looked past the marketing jargon, gave it a long test drive, and concluded that Logitech was right, and this is by far the best mouse out there, period. Why? It's almost too hard to describe in few words.

Aside from its laser sensor, range of up to 30 feet, and longer battery time than most cordless mice, the MX has four distinct, new features that could very well change how we navigate through files and programs. At the top of the list of innovations is the huge upgrade to the scroll wheel, which has two modes of operation—line-by-line scrolling and free-spin scrolling. Free-spin scrolling allows the scroll wheel to become a flywheel capable of traversing thousands of spreadsheet rows or hundreds of word-processing pages with a single flick. Other advanced new features are the document quick flip wheel (or button), one-button search, and a zoom slider. All of these buttons could add up to an overload of options, but with Logitech's software, SetPoint, customizing them to fit your needs is a snap.

The MX also has a very unique and aggressive shape that allows your thumb to nestle inside the mouse, while your fingers comfortably grip the mouse. In this thumb groove you can access the document flip wheel, as well as access two buttons above...

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ExtremeTech's Ultimate Mouse Smack-Down
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 05:30 AM »
This guy is on their runners up list for ergonomic mice, and will be arriving at my home in a few days. (a Giftmas gift from a very generous person!)  :-*

I am really looking forward to it, as I am developing a very sore spot on my wrist where it rubs against my desk. (had to toss my mousepad with the wrist rest about a year ago because it was causing serious skin damage on same spot.)

evoluent.jpg
Evoluent VerticalMouse 2

I'll post my own review on it in February, after I have had a chance to give it a good try.