ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

A Dark and Deadly Path - v1.05.01 - December 31st, 2006

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
A Dark and Deadly Path v1.05.01 - December 31st, 2006
A super tiny little audio game engine

ADDP (A Dark And Deadly Path) is a tiny little interactive story game engine.

It works like the old Dragon's Lair LaserDisc game [1], or like those "choose your own adventure games [2], but is audio only and involves no graphics.

Basically an ADDP story/game is an audio story where the reader/play must choices along the way by pressing a key on the keyboard. The chioces may have to be made rapidly in quick succession within a narrow  time window which can add an element of panic to the story - and make it a particular appropriate device for for suspense stories.

Audio files are normal .mp3 files that an author records with standard software.  The game script is an .xml file with a format to be described in a separate file.

DOWNLOAD: Here.

READ:

* ReadMe
* AuthorManual
Special thanks to Della for creating a test game/story for it!

Veign:
Very interesting.  Can we assume you are going to build a sample game for it?

Veign:
Can it be adapted to videos like MPEG to create a Dragon's Lair type game?  Or maybe something that uses still images to progress through where quick reactions flip to another image.

Either way I see this as pretty interesting since it could be used for other things besides games - not sure what but it seems like it could.

mouser:
actually you could use it for videos by adding only a few lines of code..

just harder to make videos so i thought it might be a fun audio only project (i was inspired by the accessibility game contest).

Arjen:
Cool, you did it!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version