At least i found this thread
and i post again my experience with CLCL:
Just a few suggestions what *could* be, IMHO
- the pop-up window should be as small as possible, no borders, no menu,...
- i want to see my last clips.
User should choose how many, 10, 20, 30...
Maybe show them in 2 or 3 columns would be nifty ?
- i also wanna see my favorite clips
- the favorites i want to store in sub folders too
- the pop-up could appear on the caret, on the pointer position and from the tray
From the Tray the user didn't must remember an hotkey, just click on the icon.
For the hotkey i already posted the CLCL way wich use the WIN-key too
and also recognizes pressing two times the SHIFT or the CTRL or the ALT key
to popup the QuickPaste window.
- with CLCL i had created two QuickPaste pop-ups
with two different hotkeys:
* WIN+V for the recent clips
* Shift+Shift for my templates (Favorites)
but both, recent and favorites could appear with one pop-up too, the user choose.
- i only want to see the first few words of the clips (maybe addjustable the width)
( respectively the name i would give them clip )
and a yellow balloon for the rest of the clip if the mouse hoovers over the items
No creation Date, no Application- or title name,... (besides the are in the balloon, what *could* be an aid ?)
- i want an item to open the CHS window for the hole goodies
- i want separators (a simple line) for between recent clips, favorites and maybe ext apps
- CLCL puts numbers or chars bevor every clip
so one could choose the clip by this prefix
but till i see what prefix is for what clip
iam quicker with the arrow keys and ENTER
or with the mouse and the LMB
Maybe only for the first nine clips
it could be handy to choose them by numbers.
If i know i want the second last clip
i could press my hotkey and than the '2'
to past the clip.
Especially if we get from mouser
the feature to choose the first nine clips
each by an own hotkey
like WIN+F1 for the last recent,
WIN+F2 for the second last,...
or something like that,
would be handy
- Further, not only for the QuickPast pop-up but general,
it would be nice to have items for to launch external apps, URLs ...
But i post that already.
- after i choose an clip to past
this clip should be pasted immediately into the active document
and the QuickPaste window should disapears till i press the hotkey again
Or could it be an aid the have an header on this QuickPaste pop-up
to drag it out the way and let stay it open with an switch "Stay on top"
for to paste some more items ???
Just now i don't need this, 'cus i don't have the possibility yet
I think i need no search in the QP
'cus i have only the last few clips in it.
For an search i would open the CHS window, thought.