ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Feature request : all with mouse

(1/2) > >>

Buckley:
Ho Mouser,

I am using Memeclip Pro for the moment but it isn't helping much. It's even buggy from time to time so I'm looking forward to see this utility in my systray.

A feature that I haven't find in any copy paste program (or in general) are those presented in this little gem :
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/nt/TXMouse/

1 Keyboard focus follows mouse pointer instantly (the only one that can be achieved with TweakUI, annoyingly enough accompanied by the "quality" to raise the window upon click).

2 Marked text is placed into the paste buffer instantly on left button release.

3 Pasting is done with a single middle button click. (The latter two are implemented in couple of applications - only to feel more acutely the lack of it in the rest of the windows!)

But it has bugs too and I can't have it running all time. Can you take a look at this program and see if you can incorporate some if its features?

The ability to quickly copy paste information between 2 windows increases drastically. Just select with 1 click, go to the other window and use middle mouse button.
Contrast this If TXMouse is not running. Select the text,Ctrl-C, click on the target window,Put you cursor at the desired position,Ctrl-V,activate the source window.

Thats 2 clicks vs 4 clicks/2 keyboard actions.

I am not yet a paying member but CHS looks very promising!

mouser:
we are not very strict here, and the point of the donation system is to encourage people to give serious thought to donating, not to punish people.  anyone who wants to try one of our programs but is not ready to donate can just email me and i will send them the download link :)

so if you want to try chs, just email me ([email protected]).

-

your comments are actually in line with a discussion we have in the past where true x-mouse came up also: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=191.0 , especially your #2 comment.

i plan to try to implement #2 (and i can add #3 and #1 easily), as *options* in chs;
i think to do it well you'd want the following:
a) it should be easy to turn this behavior on and off, and unload the hook dll needed for it when the function is off for optimal cpu usage.
b) you probably will want to let users set up an "exclusion list" of apps which it should not do copy on left-button-release.

in short, i am going to try to implement these things in chs; i look forward to more suggestions as well. in addition to middle mouse button to paste we could also support like paste on control+click (personally i have a hard time pushing middle mouse button for some reason, just feels wrong :))

kfitting:
Besides, middle mouse button is used for different things depending on the app (AutoCAD pans, Opera is customizable).  I like the idea of choosing the paste hotkey!

Kevin

mouser:
these features will all be options, and i suppose ill let user decide which mouse button does what, and with what modifier (ctrl+shift+alt).
also, while we are using a global mouse hook, this might be the time to think about any other global behavior that might be useful on mouse operations besides auto focus changing, and auto copy and paste.

i can see one operation that might be useful is like a select-all and paste combo, in addition to just a paste.
ie middle mouse button does paste, ctrl+middlemouse does select-all before the paste.

mouser:
the only real question in my mind is how well the copy on left button release will work.

i'd really love to hear more about any bugs or issues with true x-mouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version