ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: software that asks all x minutes for an action

(1/3) > >>

wong:
hello,

does anyone know a software that asks all [xx] minutes for an special action, e.g. pressing strg+y.
sometimes the screensaver will not start, because a media player or other software prevents it from starting or the cat runs over the keyboard...

many thanks!

skrommel:
 :huh: I didn't understand that. Please say again, and louder.

Skrommel

wong:
hello,

i will try again :)

1. it knocks on the door. you see special unit from three sides entering the house. you leave the workstation and forget to press [windows] + l, so the station is not locked.

2. if activated, the screensaver starts after x minutes of inactivity and locks the station, so you have to enter your password to login. the account is locked.

screensaver activation starts not if a media player is running (suppresses screensaver while playing video, and sometimes also in audio mode). there are many possible reasons which prevents screensaver from activation.

now i am searching for a piece of software, which is able to
start an action (e.g. lock station)
if an action of me is missing (e.g. pressing [ctrl] + x or a mouse gesture)

for example, every 5 minutes it sounds a wav, so i know i have to press [ctrl] + x, if not the software locks the station.

jgpaiva:
I see what you mean, wong. But be careful, what you're looking for can be EXTREMELLY annoying, specially when watching movies.

mouser:
This sounds to be a very good idea actually - could be quite useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version