ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: an indication that "start-up" is finished

<< < (8/11) > >>

jdd:
Skrommel,

I am was trying to use IdleRun to run an exe when the cpu goes idle.  Is this one of itss intended purposes?

When I run the script and right click on the tray icon to change the settings, it opens Notepad with an Windows error message that says "The file name, directory name or volume syntax is incorrect".

Also, I opened the script to edit it but I can't seem to figure out which linie is used to input the exe file I want to run.  Are you able to help?

I am using Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,
jdd

jgpaiva:
jdd: you're not supposed to edit the script itself, but the .ini file that it creates on its first run.
It should be on the same folder as IdleRun, but should be named "IdleRun.ini", or something similar.

jdd:
I edited the ini file as shown below to include the the location of the program I want to run at idle.  When I run the script and right click on the tray icon to change the settings, it still opens Notepad with an Windows error message that says "The file name, directory name or volume syntax is incorrect".

Is my syntax correct?

[Action]
program=C:\Program Files\Screen Locker\matrix.exe
message=CPU is idle!
exit=1
[Settings]
cputhreshold=5
checkinterval=1
idleduration=60

jgpaiva:
Now that's strange, I've never seen such error.
Maybe you could download the .exe version again and try to run it?

jdd:
jgpaiva,

I walked away from the computer for a few minutes and when I returned, it had executed the program I wanted.  I still cant change the settings by right clicking the tray icon though.

May I ask a follow up question?  The whole purpose of my interest is to invoke IdleRun and run a *.exe instead of the screensaver *.scr file.  Is this what will  IdleRun will do?  I haven't had enough time to test it now that it appears to be semi-functional.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version