ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone know of a good File splitter app?

(1/3) > >>

zridling:
Most file splitting apps have awkward interfaces. With files now growing beyond 4G in size, it's time to find (or build) a great splitter. I need help. Not counting zip-splitting by ZIP apps like WinZip and PowerArchiver, what do you recommend?

mouser:
the best file splitter is already under your nose...

the surprising answer...

winrar.

zridling:
Okay, now I'm curious. I can split an archive using WinRAR, but how would I merge a .001... file? That's what I mean.

mouser:
my answer was really about splitting your own files; i find winrar is just perfect for that, with the bonus of supporting all the options youd want about self assembly, compression,etc.

but if you need a tool for rejoining files someone else has split then you need another tool.

nudone:
i may not really have understood the problem here but if you are using winrar to split things up (using no compression if you just want to save time and cut the file into chunks), then why not make it a self extracting archive then anyone can rejoin the split files without the need for winrar?

sorry if i didn't quite get the point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version