ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

WorkCoach - v0.8.0 - January 24, 2007

<< < (5/9) > >>

mojomuse:
hi arjen,

my system here is approx as follows:

- EVO N800v laptop
- win XP Pro SP2
- 1.6 mHZ processor
- 512MB RAM
- Maxthon browser (IE6 backend)
- using process explorer to check CPU etc.

not sure if you need any other info to work it out ..?

cheers ..

Arjen:
Mojomuse, tomos,

Thanks for the info. So far, I don't know what can cause the CPU load of WorkCoach to be so high. If anyone has the same problems and/or has an idea what the cause might be, please let me know.

mojomuse:
hi, just a quick update on the CPU issue from my end:

- rebooted and initially all looked good ;)
- suddenly noticed CPU maxed out ..
- few checks suggest following ..

- 10-15% when surfing (maxthon)
- 3-6% when process explorer window active
- 1% when idle
- 30-50% when in outlook (any folder, i.e. setup for workcoach project or "unknown")

not sure if that helps, but the above (for now) certainly seems pretty consistent - and very odd ..?! x)

cheers ..

Arjen:
I've uploaded a new version of WorkCoach (version 0.8.0); see above.

Here are some highlights of the new things I've added:

There are two extra options you can set for each project:

Daily time budgets

You can set a daily time budget for each project. If a time budget is set, the time left is shown in the status window. Projects that have a time budget set are shown in bold.

"Count idle time as project time"

If you check the option "Count idle time as project time" for a project and the user becomes idle while the project is active, time will be counted towards that project instead of towards the "Idle" project. This is useful when for example watching a movie on the computer - you aren't active on the computer, but you would probably want the time spent to be counted towards the project "Watch movies" instead of towards "Idle".

There is now a new tab "Options" in the Settings window:

New options

You can set the following options:

* You can define after how much time the program starts counting idle time. E.g., if this value is 60 seconds (the default value), time will be counted as "Idle" after you haven't touched the keyboard or mouse for one minute.
* You can define the hotkey that shows and hides the WorkCoach status window. By default is Win+W.
* You can have WorkCoach startup automatically with Windows, or not. You could define this already when installing the program, but you couldn't change it afterwards. Now you can!
* You can set the time at which WorkCoach rolls over to the next day. For example, if this time is set to 3:00 (a.m.), everything you do between 0:00 and 2:59 is counted towards the previous day. The default value is 0:00 (midnight).
There are also some changes in the main (status) window:

Edit projects notes from the status window

You can now properly edit projects notes from the status window. If the status window does not have focus, the notes for the active project are shown. If it does have focus, the notes of the project you select with the mouse are shown! See the screenshot above for an example.

Total work time

Total work time is shown in the status window. This is the total time that WorkCoach has been active, including idle time, i.e. the sum of all the items in the status window.

Score to tell you how you're doing

If you have a daily budget set for one or more projects, a nifty score/percentage is shown as well. This score is an indication of how well you're doing and has a value between 0% and 100%. It is the product of efficiency and effectiveness, i.e. efficiency * effectiveness, where efficiency = (time spent on planned projects) / (total time spent) and effectiveness = (time spent on planned projects) / (total time budget set). I think an example to explain this is in place: :-)

Say you have set a budget of one hour for one project and that you have worked for fifty minutes of which thirty minutes on the planned project. Then your efficiency is 30 / 50 = 0.6, and your effectiveness is 30 / 60 = 0.5. This means the score that is displayed is efficiency * effectiveness = 0.6 * 0.5 = 0.3 = 30%. I hope this all makes sense - any comments are welcome.

For all the changes, see the change log in the first message in this topic.

Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions and provided other feedback!

mouser:
Scores! YES!!! Wonderful wonderfull wonderfull  :up:

When is this program going to get it's own web page?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version