Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 04:10:36 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FileMenu Tools: Customize Windows Explorer's Context Menu  (Read 7482 times)
KenR
Super
Blogger

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 23, 2006, 06:23:16 AM »

I don't know about your's, but I can tell you my context menus could definitely use some tweaking.

FileMenu Tools lets customize the context menu of the Windows Explorer. It lets configure the following aspects:

* Add some build-in utilities in order to do operations over files and folders.
    * Add customized commands which let run external applications, copy/move to a specific
       folder or delete specific file types.
    * Configure the "Send to..." submenu.
    * Enable/disable the commands which are added by other applications to the context menu.

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 06:50:36 AM »

Mine too! great find!

Still looking forward to ContextMenu Commander, but this certainly has made the context menu tidier!
srt19170
Participant

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »

I would be cautious in using this tool.  It broke the default Open action for links on my Windows 2000 machine.  I won't go into great detail, but suffice to say you don't want that to happen!  I did eventually manage to recover via some careful registry editing.

tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 01:26:44 PM »

I rediscovered this program while rebuilding my laptop. I am looking at my Desktop box to see what I have installed there that I want to also put on my laptop. FileMenu Tools is one such program. However, I had forgotten how useful it is as I had, for some reason, turned off most of the available utilities it has and was using it to copy the name of the file to the clipboard and to copy the contents of a file to clipboard. It has been on my WinXP box for many months without any stability issues.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 01:29:25 PM by tinjaw » Logged

nosh
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 01:42:17 PM »

It looks/sounds like a ShellToys clone. I see from the screenie that it lets you create context menu subfolders, that's a big plus over ShellToys which doesn't.

Also take a look at Hace MMM+ if you're looking just to tame the context menu without getting all the added gizmos.
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 02:50:37 PM »

This goes beyond just changing the context menu. There are several built-in utilities: Find and Replace, Advanced Renamer, Advanced Delete, Copy/Move, Synchronize Folders, and Change Time are some of them. Screenies available on their website.

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 05:37:52 PM »

FileMenu Tools is offering exceptionally good value for the price  smiley
- still freeware and now at version 5.6 it is quite awesome what it can do:

The built-in utilities are described halfway down http://www.lopesoft.com/en/fmtools/info.html, below the old screenshot, and is defiantly definitely worth reading.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:43:57 PM by Curt » Logged
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 07:50:27 AM »

The built-in utilities are described halfway down http://www.lopesoft.com/en/fmtools/info.html, below the old screenshot, and is defiantly worth reading.

agreed, FileMenu Tools is quite handy to have on one's PC but Curt surely you mean 'definitely'.. smiley

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »

- definitely!

Thanks  thumbs up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.11 ]