topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Coding Horror: Death of Trackbacks  (Read 3689 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Coding Horror: Death of Trackbacks
« on: December 22, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Here is a thoughtful, interesting, and informative blog essay on trackbacks and why they are not currently useable.

You might read a post on this blog and decide I'm full of crap. That's fine. I often am full of crap. I encourage you to leave a comment explaining why you feel this way. And, while you're at it, feel free to point out any errors or inaccuracies in anything I've written. This kind of simple, immediate, highly visible public dialog is why I believe so strongly in comments as an essential part of blogging.

But sometimes a mere comment isn't enough. Maybe you have your own blog. Depending on the depth of your feelings on the matter, you might want to write an entire post on your blog explaining, in great detail, specifically why I'm full of crap. Then you'd publish your post for the world to see. But how do you know that I, the target of your vitriol, have read your post? How do you know that I can even find your post? You could email me directly, but that feels a little too intimate. Or, you could leave a comment linking to your response, but that feels like additional work ...

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Coding Horror: Death of Trackbacks
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 10:24 AM »
Thanks Ken. That is an interesting post I wouldn't have come across on my own. I am very interested in the whole "conversation" arena of the blogosphere. I am an avid reader of Jon Udell on such topics. You should follow him if you are interested in this area. He just recently took a position at Microsoft as an Evangelist.