topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Newsletter for December 8th, 2006 - Codename Freezing Feathers  (Read 14311 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Newsletter for December 8th, 2006
"Freezing Feathers"

"If you read nothing else on our site, read our BLOG"

1. Massive Prizes Announced for the Accessibility Game Programming Contest - Deadline Dec 22nd to Dec 31st
Do you fancy yourself a game programmer, or have you been looking for an excuse to give it a try?  We've just announced the prizes for the contest and they are outstanding.  To be eligible you must submit your game by December 22nd (you'll then have until Dec 31st to improve it and resubmit).  We will choose two top winners, one for each category (Audio-only or Switch game), and also provide some runner up prizes.  We're giving out over $15,000 worth of prizes including some deluxe passes and proceedings for the 2007 Game Development Conference:

2. December  Discounts and Giveaways
December's Special Discounts and Giveaways:

IMPORTANT: The software giveaway this month will end on December 14th, so make sure you submit your entry to win before then.  The discounts run throughout all of December!

3. Software Updates and Releases
This month we only had one major program update, but a TON of coding snack software releases by coders on the forum
  • Screenshot Captor Alpha 2.28.05 - now with email sending ability and more
  • SPinZip - Compress files into multiple .zip archives with each .zip being independent.
  • GoneIn60s - recover closed applications for 60s after you click close, in case you change your mind or make a mistake.
  • MoveOut - Make rules to move files automatically, like Desktop Teleporter below.
  • Desktop Teleporter - automatically process any files placed on the desktop and do special things with them, just as move them, log them, let you add comments, etc.

4. The N.A.N.Y. Programming Challenge
N.A.N.Y. stands for "New Apps for the New Year", and it's our challenge to all coders who visit our site to release a brand new app (even if it's just a small beta tool), on Jan 1st 2007.  You don't need to host the program with us if you don't want, just put it on your web page and send us an announcement.  But you need to sign up a pledge to participate now!

5. Software Discussion
What's new in the world of software? Are you good at finding new software discoveries? Stop by the forum and help us find stuff!  And don't miss our Found Deals and Discounts section where people post great software discounts they find on the web.

6. Fun Games, Gadgets, and Diversions
Everyone needs a break from work every now and then..

7. Website Discoveries and Website Discussions
There are always new website services popping up every day, and lots of debate about the future direction of the web.

8. Site Discussions and Debates
There are always new website services popping up every day, and lots of debate about the future direction of the web.

9. Developer's Corner
The Developer's Corner section of our website isn't just for programmers, it's for people interested in starting their own business, website developers, etc.

10. The Great GOE (Getting Organized Experiment) of 2006 (GTD)
Well it's almost over and we've taken a bit of a breather - but we're not done yet! If you haven't participated yet, it's still not too late!

11. Website of the Month
Did you know that DonationCoder.com has a list of all of our past best-of-the-web recommendations and a list of recommended websites arranged by category?
  • Our website of the month in December is Gamasutra - a site about professional game development.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 06:21 AM by mouser »

Redhat

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: --> Newsletter for December 8th, 2006 - Codename Freezing Feathers
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Fantastic as always mouser  :D

Embarrassingly didn't know about the links page.. I do now  :Thmbsup: :tellme:

Jammo the OrganizedFellow

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • OrganizedFellow
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 01:42 AM »
shameless post to rack up another post.

<~~~post whore.

J/K:really wanna say THANKS MOUSER
As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____

momonan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 05:41 AM »
Really refreshing, easy-to-navigate, newsletter again.  Thanks mouser.

Speaking of freezing feathers, if you haven't seen Cody at the keyboard yet, check out the home page.;D  nudone, you've done it again.  Cody always makes me laugh, but is never ridiculous.   It seems like Cody engages in all activities with as much dignity as possible, while getting a kick out of the pleasure it gives us.
When you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning - Catherine Aird

dpierron

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • De l'influence du ciel bleu sur le moral des motocyclistes
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:17 AM »
Thanks Mouser, as always I end up with 30 tabs open in Firefox that I'll need to check later ! This measures the interestingness (english?) of the DonationCoder newsletter !
Keep up !
David.
--
http://www.google.com/profiles/dpierron --- Google profile
http://davidsoft.free.fr --- De l'influence du ciel bleu sur le moral des motocyclistes
http://www.goodreads...om/user/show/1941488 -- Goodreads
http://davidsoft.fre...re2opds/calibre2opds -- calibre2opds

thunder7

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Thunder7
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artwanted.com/thunder7/
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:18 AM »
ATTENTION:MOUSER
hey I am always reading!. >:(

Do not send me email telling me "this might be my last email."
I read almost everthing within the forum. When I have a chance and when I feel well enough to do so.
I also leave many comment too, when I find need to do so
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:27 AM by thunder7 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 10:05 AM »
thunder i honestly have no idea what you are talking about.  :tellme:

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 07:04 AM »
so, i'm confused - what was this all about?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 07:20 AM »
until thunder7 replies it will remain a mystery..

the nearest i can guess is he might have been confused by the email version of the newsletter which says:
If you do not wish to receive mail from us ever again - just reply and say so, or follow the instructions at the bottom of this email.
is it possible he read that as saying something like "this might be your last email?"  :tellme: